Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Jackson Pro for sale...but HELP, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Jackson Pro for sale...but HELP, what is it?

Hey people hopefully you guys can give me some help, it would be much appreciated!

Just been browsing my local classifieds and came across a guy selling a 'Jackson Professional' for very cheap. I'd heard good things about this range so asked him to send a few pics. He didn't seem to know much about it or guitars in general when I asked him questions, he didn't even seem to know the difference between a bolt-on and neck thru to help me identify it.

I tried identifying it from the catalogues and it looks to me like a Fusion of some sort due to the button configuration and colour (can't say I'm crazy about the colour but oh well). It seems to be missing one of the knobs though !

So is it a Fusion? If not what is it?

Also what is with the bridge pickup? It looks different to the pups on all the Pro models in the pics.

Is it a good guitar worth getting?

Thanks in advance.

It looks bolt on from here. Yeah it's really awesome looking anyways. Depending on how much he wants for it, i'd buy it. If it's anything like my professional soloist, it's got a very nice fast playing thin neck and a great overall feel. Good craftsman ship and plays way beyond it's value. I used to think today's Pro series were good value for money, and they are, but the Professional series put that into greater perspective.

Comment

He's selling it for the equivelent of $275 with a case which believe me here in Iceland is very cheap especially if its one of the better models. Everything guitar related here tends to be twice as expensive as the US unfortunately.

Edit: This thread probably should have gone in the Import forum, I apologize for that.
      Last edited by Lil' Dice; 03-31-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

What's the fretboard made out of? It's hard to tell from the pics but it's pretty dark. Either it's a nice piece of rosewood which has been treated/oiled or it's ebony...

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
          What's the fretboard made out of? It's hard to tell from the pics but it's pretty dark. Either it's a nice piece of rosewood which has been treated/oiled or it's ebony...
          Well thats the thing, the guy has no idea about guitars so I don't know! He doesn't know the model or anything.

Looks like ebony to me.

Comment

for that sort of money, if it is good condition, I'd buy it. Regardless of just what model.

From the pics I'd hazard a guess that it is a Fusion PRO. The top of the line Fusion. Ebony board, MOP inlays & logo, JT590, preamp. It just needs a tone knob.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

oh, forgot to say. A number of Professionals came with a bladed Jackson pickup. It was the J85 or J95, IIRC
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                oh, forgot to say. A number of Professionals came with a bladed Jackson pickup. It was the J85 or J95, IIRC
                Thanks for your help, seems you are correct. I just did a bit of Googling and the few pictures I found of the J85 looked just like it. Thats good, I was hoping it would be the stock pups.

Comment

Yes, without a doubt, an original Jackson Fusion Pro, and quite a stunning top/back, most weren't quilted but flamed. And most not as deeply as that. That bridge pickup is not original, but who cares. That's easily worth double what he's asking.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Damn! GET THAT!

Comment

Fusion Pro but without the lower horn scallop? Hmmm. Great price.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

they don't have the lower horn scallop on burst finishes
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Fusion Pro but without the lower horn scallop? Hmmm. Great price.
                          Don't you ever pay attention to myself and Todd? Not all Fusions have the scallop, and some Dinkies do.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What is that dark line going from the trem toward the strap button?
                            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                              What is that dark line going from the trem toward the strap button?
                              pubic hair?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X