Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they give out medals for being brand loyal, I'm overdue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they give out medals for being brand loyal, I'm overdue...

Sup people, I'm new to this forum, just wanted to introduce myself. (A# A E)

I've been a Jackson fanatic since I was about 13 and heard Rust In Peace for the first time. I stopped cutting my hair and replaced my Peavy T60 with a Kelly....it's been all downhill from there.

I've got a small collection of USA soloists and a few SLSMGs. Only one Kelly remains, it's a Japanese Professional Pro series....I kinda grew out of that body style after a few years and I don't play it much any more, but I can't bear to get rid of it. I played a USA Marty Friedman signature series that didn't seem to play as well.

In reference to my headline, here's what I spent most of today doing:

I'm going to use it to mount some wall hangars up...I'll post some pics of my other guitars once it's done. I only have one that's really interesting, its a 1991 Soloist DH/S/S config with a paintjob of an ocean sunset and a lighthouse. I am not sure if it came from the custom shop like that, though.

Peace!
    -Forrest
    http://www.ceaserin.com
    I only need one more guitar.

Welcome!

Sounds like this is the place for you -
    Wow, guess i never realized RIP influenced a whole new generation of guitarists now that i think about it.

reminds me of I heard the guys on the local saturday night radio metal show say once the first Slayer album he heard was Divine Intervention and i'm like wtf...lol.

Comment

Sweet! A newb with a heads up. Welcome aboard.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Good stuff!

Welcome to the locker room of the Raiders of Rock Guitar.

Comment

Sweet!!! Welcome! I'm still kinda new, but WTF, I say welcome!
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

Welcome, Forrest! Did you free-hand that poster, or ?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

looks like he probably used an opaque projector to lay out the outline. Very cool none the less. I was about to ask the same question. lol

Comment

Welcome to the sausage factory
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys! I've been working on getting this thing mounted all night, it's finally up. It's a piece of wood I am using to mount wall hangers on, since the stud spacing won't work if I want to hang some of the acoustics up. Easier to just show you:

Here is a closeup of my 3 USA soloists: from left to right:
                  SL1 Select Series, 91 custom shop, SL2H Select Series

The 91 has a Roland midi pickup on there, but I really need to take it off. It cuts into my palm, so I don't usually play that guitar now. I've been looking on ebay for a cheap beat up dinky to put it on instead, since sound doesn't matter (not trying to use it live anymore), but people keep bidding them up...just have to be patient.

As to how I painted it - I actually saved the box from one of the SLSMG's I bought, which had the logo in the exact size necessary for this project. It took me 5 years to get around to it, but here we are. I cut out the logo from the cardboard, then used the remaining outline as a stencil. I painted through the cardboard to get the rough shapes, then I removed it, and touched up all the outlines. Then I took a printout of the logo and freehanded the inside details of each letter with a very fine brush. It took like 40 minutes to cut just the outside with a razor, no way was I going to try to make a stencil for the inside sections. Anyway, it's not perfect but it's fine for my purposes.

Anyway, I guess I can finally go to bed, thanks for the welcome!
                  -Forrest
                  http://www.ceaserin.com
                  Last edited by Forrest; 04-07-2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Naw it looks good. You can see brush strokes a little bit in the first pic but a sign that size isnt made to be read with your nose touching it. Looking at the pics of it on the wall from a few feet it looks like a printed sign. Nice work.

Oh and if you do projects like that often you can pick up a cheapo opaque projector that will project any picture you have onto whatever you point it at for about 20$ at your local art/hobby store. It's a lifesaver for projects like that.d

Comment

That sounds amazing. Wish I had talked to you earlier...oh well, the weather was nice today.

How about those curtains? Pretty badass, right?

Comment

The curtains ain't bad, but nothing says Metal like hanging a guitar on the wall over a glass table - tempt fate! :headbang:

Is that 91 Custom Shop a true Custom Shop? That finish was offered on USA production models at the time at no extra cost, IIRC. If it's got a U serial, it's a Production model. If it's a J serial with 4 numbers, it's a Custom.
                        Last edited by Newc; 04-04-2010, 08:36 AM.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would bet its a standard USA finish. I have a 2- 1990 fusion soloists with a bikini beach graphic. One is a chick lifitng her bikini bottom so you can see her shaved beaver and tan lines, and the other the chick is obviously pleasureing herself with her hand in her crotch and the other in her hair with her head thrown back.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Welcome! Nice collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              The curtains ain't bad, but nothing says Metal like hanging a guitar on the wall over a glass table - tempt fate! :headbang:

Is that 91 Custom Shop a true Custom Shop? That finish was offered on USA production models at the time at no extra cost, IIRC. If it's got a U serial, it's a Production model. If it's a J serial with 4 numbers, it's a Custom.
                              Thanks for the info, that's one reason I was happy to find this forum. I couldn't find any pictures of this finish on any other guitars online, so I assumed it had to be a custom shop finish. The serial number starts with a U.

Comment

Working...
                              X