No announcement yet.

Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR94 in 1995. Broke the neck in an accident in 1999, then I switched to pointies.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

• Charvel candy blue 2h 2005 reissue...what an axe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
        This is my first charvel - bought it somewhere around 1990 at Steve's Music in Toronto. I think the model is called fusion; anyone know for sure?

it's a fusion custom, made btn 1989-91.

Comment

• Not sure if I've posted in this topic before, so my apologies if I previously did...

My first was a DXMGT-RRM in August of 2006. Served me very well during my formative years of playing and currently sits at home in my bedroom while I'm off attending college. I can't wait until the day that I once again pull it out of its case and blast out riffs on it like I did in the old days...boy do I sometimes miss those days when guitar playing seemed like a mystery during the learning process...

Comment

• My first Jackson, which I just got back in July, is the Pro Series RR24 and I LOVE it. I had to decide between a used RR1 and a new RR24 and it came down to the fact that I'm a modern shredder, and I require 24 frets. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford a custom shop RR built exactly to me specs, ahh a man can dream...

Comment

• 1984 Jackson bolt on pointy head strat with maple board, single hum and Kahler. I got it from Chucksplatter in 1986 and played the hell out of it until 2002 when I sold it back to Chuck and he parted it out. Then I picked up a JJP and have been playing the hell out of that since 2002!
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

• My first Jackson was a PS-2 bought brand new in Aus for $1100 at the time (2002) I then got my Charvel Model 6 from Allans Music for $550 down from $1000 Used because I did two weeks work experience there at the time for year 10.

I've put a white EMG 81 and black EMG SA in it with the middle pick up dead n mid boost taken out.

It's almost my dream guitar (a USA Jackson) but damn such a fucking cool axe plays perfectly n the JT-6 stays in yune perfectly for a 1988 guitar!
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

• New to the forum. This one I picked up about a month ago at the pawnshop for 180.00. It is an STX Deluxe.

Comment

• Forget the model of Charvel;

Miss 'er! One of them wheel 'n' dealings.

Comment

• A Fusion SX Professional
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0930.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	2445752

Comment

• Mine was a RR5. After that I got a KE2, Y2KV, KE1 and a JJ2. Of those five guitars I only still have the KE1 and the JJ2.

Comment

• Charvel model 3 bought new in 89

Fusion Pro paid $80

Comment

• It was almost a white King V from Parker music in 1984. Instead in got J0076 used in 1985 from Guitar Stringer in Pasadena Texas. Unfortunately, I have to admit that I modified it... It was a Kahler with 3 single-coils... I put a recessed floyd, added 1 humbucker and replaced the pup's with the active Jackson pup's with the jackson preamp. I also added another toggle for phasing, splitting, etc... I would not do that now, I did not know better... I have thought about restoring it. It came with a really pretty dark red metallic paint job.

Comment

• My first Charvel was a 1980 Candy Red 1 hum with a 21 fret birdseye maple neck. I bought it brand new from the old Santa Ana Guitar Center that was over on main street. I am sad to say that a few years later I traded for a Les Paul Custom that I still had until a year ago. I remember taking the guitar up to the San Dimas Charvel shop to have them retro fit it with a floyd (back when they would do such things). I remember Joanne Jackson commenting that it was one of the first serialized guitars. I believe it was something like #0527.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                                My first Charvel was a 1980 Candy Red 1 hum #0527.
                                Wow, wonder where that is now?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X