No announcement yet.

Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was my 1992 Rhoads LTD. Took out a bank loan for it and was so freekin' excited. It was a main guitar for many years.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Mine is just an odd story, so really doesn't count.
      Had my retail music store and shredder guitars were either frowned upon by the grungers (1992), sniffed at by the collectors, just hanging in the balance.
      So I had a cherry picking of Kramers, Jacksons, Charvels, Ibbys that no one wanted!

My four picks were a Kramer Mighty Mouse Baretta, a Jackson HX Pro, another Kramer Dr. Feelgood, and a Charvel Model 88. Amongst others, Kramer Focus something...Jackson USA Dinky...etc.

I grabbed the 88 and kept it, still have it.
      I guess it counts as my first because it is the one I never bothered displaying!

Comment

Wow this is bringing back some memories.

My first jackson was a Rhoads Ex. Pro. It was my first "real" guitar. Got it in 04' or 05' or something.

even my family was super excited when me and my dad came home with it and cracked the case open, and it just seemed to have a glowing aura that emanated from the case and filled the room. can you imagine a better day in the life of a 18 year old guitarist who listened to metal all day long and dreamed about being on stage with dave mustaine?

and my god was it awesome to have after playing megadeth and metallica on my squier for a year. All my friends were SO jealous too.

Now, unfortunatley back then I was never happy with whatever gear I had. First of all I started switching all the hardware on the guitar trying to make it better (pickups, bridges, tuners, etc.) and little did I realise the stock hardware was perfect.

Next I had to have a Les Paul. Then a Stratocaster. Then a Jackson Kelly. Then a Jackson Dinky. I ended up selling the Rhoads EX to pay my GAS bill because I was blind to how awesome of a guitar it really was. I hated the dot inlays and no binding, and I just wanted a flashier guitar with binding and such. I'd KILL to have it back.

Comment

my first jackson was an early 90s Kelly std professional,got it back in 06

its was dark purple and was pretty beat up btu i loved it causeit looked so original to me (didnt know who marty friedman was it the time.) loved the sond but unfortunately i got into a fight with one of my (former) friends and he pushed me and i fell right of where the neck meets the body.it was propped up against my half stack and basicly snapped the neck off. the neck cavity was screwed so i had to throw it away. it sux but i learned something, never lean guitars up next to a halfd stack in a small room.lol

Comment

god i cant type

Comment

Grahf, I know what you mean...but I grew up DIRT poor and relished anything that would stay in tune!

That Glow for me is the vanilla smell of the Model 88 Chainsaw case...
              odd, but others have reported that peculiar candy smell.
              It stays with the guitar.

loki: LOL, got your point, s'all good.

Comment

Jackson performer super strat pickguard, hsh configuration. cant remember which model this would be.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

White 1987 Charvel Model 4 bought new in '87. Still in the arsenal.
                  My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Mine was my JR20 Rhoads, solid black, bolt on neck, shark fins, 2 humbuckers 1 volume pot and 1 switch. This was also my first real guitar, and my first floyd rose style. The bridge was so jacked up it was kinda uncomfortable to play, but thats how I learned to play was on that guitar. Now everything else seems like a breeze. I just recently restored that guitar and put two SD pups in it and redid all the wiring.
                    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

My first Jackson was a black Dinky with an electricity graphic,
                      HSS, shark fins, and reverse stock.
                      It got ripped off back in the mid 90s.

Still have my first Charvel that I Bought in the 87.

Models
                      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                      I dont need furniture.
                      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                      And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                        That Glow for me is the vanilla smell of the Model 88 Chainsaw case...
                        odd, but others have reported that peculiar candy smell.
                        It stays with the guitar.
                        My 88 has that smell too. :think:
                        Models
                        The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                        I dont need furniture.
                        If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                        If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                        And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                          My 88 has that smell too. :think:
                          That is where the magic is contained.
                          I am sure of it!

Comment

I'm really a newb to J/C in general. Grew up idolizing guys playing Charvels, so I always wanted one, but could never afford one. So, my first J/C was actually one of the new Charvel Pro Mods. Then, I bought 3 more b/c I loved them so much...had a brain fart and sold them all...now I'm collecting them once again! Just bought 2 in the past month. The balance has been restored...LOL

Comment

'87 Model 1, bought new in 88, still have it, goes in my casket with me too.
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

My trans blue DK2 bought in 2002.
                                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X