No announcement yet.

Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around '92 or '93 I bought a Kelly Standard in deep metallic blue from Musician's Friend. I returned it because I was used to OFRs and didn't give the lo-pro trem much of a chance.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

First was a charvel surfcaster 12 bought new in '94 or '95. it replaced my tele and I never looked back. (Don't hit me!)

A couple years later I traded some work for a VERY cool blueburst LSiii, which I regretfully traded in for a Washburn Sammy Hagar RR150 that sat in its case for 10 years before I sold it off. I want that LSiii back now- badly.
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

PS3T Rhoads new in 1995 (i think). The only guitar I ever bought new. Hardly ever played it, couldn't get comfortable with the shape. Sold it for a MF special JDR-Pro. Didn't like it either, too light. Now I have a DKMG, JDR-94, '94 Kelly XL, '87 Charvel Model 6, and a '90 Soloist PRO. Along with the other brands... I'm a GASaholic..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

My First Jackson was a custom shop order, Strat Body, rosewood board, reverse headstock, some kind of Jackson pups in it. Had shattered glass painted on it. This was before they had that as a standard finish and I rememver seeing one of Zak Wyldes guitars with the shattered glass painted on it, I also remember being a bit disapointed when I got it and the glass was blue with yellow lines around it

This was back when I had to specify EVERYTHING right down to how many and what kind of tone controls and where I wanted the jack at etc.

2300.00, and that was a lot back in 91. Sold it like a dummy
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Charvel model 4. Bought it new in 1989 and still got it.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/jbaubry/M...eat=directlink
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

If memory serves a maroon PS-3T back when I was a big Kirk Hammett enthusiast.

Comment

1986 charvel model 6 I bought used in 88. Still have it, and still the best playing guitar I have ever owned.

Comment

First Jackson: Black, 95, Dinky Reverse
                  First Charvel: Pearl White, 87/88, Model 2

Bought several of the same models, still have my originals.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

first Charvel - 87 3b
                    first Jackson - 94 TBX

still have a couple 3b's just not that one anymore, I sold it to get a 88-3b crackle and I will always have the TBX.
                    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

dont know about you all
                      but all my jacksons had a smell to them :think:
                      the newer the stronger
                      like a sweet smell?
                      the paint?
                      the int of the case?
                      i dont know
                      but a distint JACKSON smell

Comment

Made in India

Late 90's or early 2000 black JDR-Rev Pro from Musician's Friend.
                        Had fins and terrible electronics. I upgraded it with EMG KH kit and had it setup better. For a cheapo it ended up playing pretty good and sounded mean. I sold it to my drummer and he's still very happy with it.

Comment

First Jackson was my '93 RR Pro EX. Bought it new from Sam Ash. First guitar I bought that I earned all the money for. First Charvel is the Model 6 I picked up off EBay a few years ago.
                          My gear
                          87 Charvel Model 6
                          86 Charvel Model 4
                          93 Jackson RR EX
                          93 Jackson Kelly STD
                          88 Ibanez RG560
                          99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                          Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

First Jackson I ever bought was a JS-1 back in 2002. Fantastic guitar, coupled with a Boss GT-6. I should've kept both.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My first one was my Jackson Strat with the snakeskin paint, serial # 12**, bought in Hollywood Guitar Centre, August 1989. (The one that got me into trouble with Customs)

One thing I remember was that I went to a bank down the road to cash some travellers cheques (so I could wave greenbacks at the divvy behind the counter and get the deal that I WAS determined to get. I was going to make them fight for their price, down to the last $10), and unbelievably, they fucked up and counted out $100 more cash than they should have. Nice bonus!
                              I went back to GC and beat them senseless till I walked out with the guitar, I think I gave them all of about $480. They had it priced for $900! And I forced them to give me a case, there wasn't one with it, but I kicked off about how the fuck I was supposed to get it back to the UK in one piece. I think they just caved in because I was such a noisy, stroppy cunt, not to mention the fact that they were having problems understanding what I was saying, despite me speaking the Queen's English. The odd glottal stop here and there totally threw them, bloody savages. I am the KING of haggling.

Someone took a pic of me leaving the shop with the guitar in hand, it looks like I have just cum in my pants. I think I may actually......
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

My first was an 86 Model 6.

I bought it used in 1990 along with a Peavey Bandit 112 amp.

Still have both of them to this day. (although I rarely plug the amp in)

Cheers,
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X