No announcement yet.

Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first one showed up yesterday. 2009 SL2h-Mah. Love this baby and can't wait to get off of work so I can go warm her up a bit!

Comment

My first Charve was a 1987 Charvel Model 2 in red that I bought new and my first Jackson was a mid-90's Trans Blue PS-4 that I bought new.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

My 88'(?) Model 6.

I still have it, but it's been refinished and beaten to hell (Again, actually). It's a real workhorse.

I got it in '94, It was my first really good guitar. It was obviously used, but it was one of those rare "closet" specials, It was near-perfect condition. I beat it to hell playing in thrash bands, Then had it refinished (In about '98, IIRC), and then beat it to hell again. By that time though, I had a real deal Jackson SL2, which I sold and regretted in the early 2000s. My playing evolved a bit, and I bought some other guitars, Including a Custom 24 which is still with me, and eventually returned to the Jackson stable in 2008, when I bought my SL2H. I then HAD to have a Mahogany one, and then HAD to have a custom shop one and oh god it just went on and on...

I also get to show that I'm alot younger than most of you
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Left to right:
          2007 Jackson RR3 (#1), my first Jackson guitar. My main player now.
          1988 Charvel Model 4. My first "real" guitar. Bought it off my uncle (who bought it new and never played it), and played it forever. About a month ago I put it in retirement because it was gathering some battlescars (when I bought it, it was mint). Blows ANYTHING I've ever played out of the water. Anything.
          2003 Jackson RR3 (#2), my first Drop A guitar.

Comment

holy shit that charvel is lush, know anywhere where i can get one?
            "A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space." Grim

Jackson JS32T Kelly
            Jackson JS30DKT
            Roland 15X Cube
            Dunlop CryBaby

Comment

Impressive!
              Looks classy as well as being a great rocker.

(I like that combination...)

Comment

While we are talking about first guitars, I would like to share a story with you all. Whether you read it or not is up to you.

My 1979 strat is one of my prized possessions.

When I was growing up, I always loved the guitar, and always wanted to play. When I was young, I attempted to learn guitar, only to be told that my fingers were too small and that I couldn't possibly learn to play the guitar. By the time I was 14, I thought my fingers were big enough to learn guitar and (successfully) tried again.

Now, my uncle was a guitar player, And he had quite the guitar collection. This 1979 I had seen and heard him play all throughout my childhood, and I absolutely loved it. He, on the contrary, Didn't like it much at all, and frequently played other guitars. Even in my teens, whenever we would play together, I loved to see him play this 1979 strat.

The guitar was a trans-red, with black pickguard and the oversized headstock. As a collector's item, It isn't worth much now ($2000, assuming it was original, but it was routed for a humbucker and the single coil was never returned), but I loved the thing. When I got into Charvels and Jacksons, as much as I loved them, this strat topped them all.

Very recently, My uncle decided he didn't want this guitar anymore, and so gave it to me. I've cared for it like I would any other instrument, and it is actually one of my favourite guitars (When my band covers "Powerslave", I always bring out the strat!{It has a Super Distortion in the bridge, H/S/S}). Whenever we see each other, we always talk guitar and music (and play!), and I always bring out "Big Red" for him to have a go on.

Grim
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  While we are talking about first guitars, I would like to share a story with you all. Whether you read it or not is up to you.

When I was growing up, I always loved the guitar, and always wanted to play. When I was young, I attempted to learn guitar, only to be told that my fingers were too small and that I couldn't possibly learn to play the guitar. By the time I was 14, I thought my fingers were big enough to learn guitar and (successfully) tried again.

Now, my uncle was a guitar player, And he had quite the guitar collection. This 1979 I had seen and heard him play all throughout my childhood, and I absolutely loved it. He, on the contrary, Didn't like it much at all, and frequently played other guitars. Even in my teens, whenever we would play together, I loved to see him play this 1979 strat.

The guitar was a trans-red, with black pickguard and the oversized headstock. As a collector's item, It isn't worth much now ($2000, assuming it was original, but it was routed for a humbucker and the single coil was never returned), but I loved the thing. When I got into Charvels and Jacksons, as much as I loved them, this strat topped them all.

Very recently, My uncle decided he didn't want this guitar anymore, and so gave it to me. I've cared for it like I would any other instrument, and it is actually one of my favourite guitars (When my band covers "Powerslave", I always bring out the strat!{It has a Super Distortion in the bridge, H/S/S}). Whenever we see each other, we always talk guitar and music (and play!), and I always bring out "Big Red" for him to have a go on.

Grim
                  Originally posted by JackS30 View Post
                  holy shit that charvel is lush, know anywhere where i can get one?
                  Thank you I'd suggest eBay
                  Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Impressive!
                  Looks classy as well as being a great rocker.

(I like that combination...)
                  The creme pickup in the Rhoads? It looks alright, but I HATE the sound. But I hate the colour too so it's all good. It's a Duncan '59, and as you'd guess, doesn't sound good in Drop A.

Originally posted by Grim View Post

Grim
                  I'm sorry, I tl'dr'd looking for pics.
                  Just kidding, I did read it, however I need pics. Also, a lot younger than most of us? I'm 17

Comment

My first Jackson was a USA SLATQH in burnt cherry sunburst. Was the first USA Jackson I had ever seen in real life (found it at a local store) and I knew that I just had to have it the moment I picked it up.

Ended up selling it when I went through my "must have 24 frets" phase, but I still remember it being a mighty fine guitar
                    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_B View Post
                      a guitar shop ( A1 music in manchester, anyone else remember it? )
                      Yep, I remember jizzing my drawers over a eerie-dess Jackson they had in there years ago. And some strange Gibson Explorer, the like of which I've never seen again, it had squared off ends - WTF? What was the pub next door, under the arches? I punched one of the windows through one night.......ah happy days.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yes, I remember A1 and I remember a bolt-on Eerie Dess they had with an unfinished maple board that I tried to trade my black Model 6 for. They offered me £200 off the Eerie Dess, which left a balance of around £1200...really regret letting that guitar go because of my poverty stricken circumstances. I think the pickup(s?) were painted over in eerie dess too. I think the pub under the arch was called the Salisbury. IIRC, the year they had the Eerie Dess was around 1993/4.

Comment

Blue Jackson Soloist from 1990.
                          Bought her on the 17th of March this year for 500 bucks. Amazing guitar. Exactly like the one on the pic.
                          Damn I wish mine were red.

Comment

Custom Fusion Special. Started as a body from ebay, custom neck, Floyd speedloader, Lace pickups almost finished.....

Charvel CST 060 1992
                            Charvel CST 070 1992
                            Charvel CDS 090 1993
                            Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                            Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                            Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                            Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                            Duesenberg 49er 2012
                            Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                            Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                            History TH-LS Limited 2009
                            History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Mine is this 1996 RR3. I love it and I am never going to give her up!!

Comment

My first Charvel is this model 2 that now has a Warmoth neck.
                                My first Jackson is the blue student soloist on the far right.

Still have both and payed less than $500 for both!
                                I miss the buys I could get in the mid 90's.

Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Working...
                                X