No announcement yet.

Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first Charvel: Predator with fire crackle finish. around 1989-1990, right when they changed to the toothpaste logo. it serves duty as my D-tuing guitar, with a SD JBJ in the bridge and a Cool Rails in the neck. could never get the super switch re-wired properly, so it's a 3-way and I have a push/pull volume to split the pickups.

first Jackson: 2010 PC-1 in Chlorine. glad I waited for the Strat head. replaced the Floyd block with a brass one, the saddle string blocks with titanium ones, and all the Floyd screws with stainless steel ones.

Comment

• A Charvel Model 6 from Rose Morris Music, London in 1987. I still have it - it's the first good guitar I bought, and now one of three I own. I put down a deposit from my very first pay check, and paid the rest on my credit card. Three months later I lost my job...
      My other signature says something funny

Comment

• Had to be a Charvel Model 3 in black that I snagged out in Seattle back in '88. Loved that guitar and was majorly pissed when some enterprising m-f-ers broke into our rehearsal space and swiped it along with a sweet BC Rich ST III and my Peavey VTM stack and head.

Comment

• I had a mutt with a model 4 neck with a unknown body in 87. I bought my first whole Jackson in 91-92. Stealth and JTX ash. and 2 dinky reverses that same year. I think the JTX was actually delivered first. I was a dealer at the time. First time I could afford new gear then.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

• My first was a jackson ke3 kelly in trans blue... got it on fee bay for $300 with gibson explorer gigbag. I wanted a jackson so bad ever since I saw rowan robertson with a white soloist looking guitar on the lock up the wolves album.

My second is a dk2m orange burst bengal with emg 81/85 set. This one is for my love of 80's hard rock and metal
            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              '92 Fusion Plus, bought some time in the late 90s, which lead directly to me signing up here to find out what it was. Still playin' the shit out of it.
              Same here! Man, it's been 11 years since you helped me ID mine Gary.... time flies!
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

• Originally posted by Anders View Post
                Same here! Man, it's been 11 years since you helped me ID mine Gary.... time flies!
                wow man, that long?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

• First and only Jackson was a PS-4 in transparent red back in 2002. I still have it. First charvel was a USA San Dimas style2 in black got that 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Mine was an original avenger, well, modded with the humbucker of course. I loved that thing, it had an EMG 81/SA set up, the red sparkle finish, and the tele switch. MAN did that guitar get alot of play time, i must have been about 13 when i got it, the poor thing was in pieces, but thats how the auction was. it was in pieces, however just the neck, body, and bridge. the SA came after. someone modded it to be a single hum shred machine, then i wanted a neck pickup, so then went the SA. I remember giving it electrical tape stripes, then taking them off. only to tear the thing apart to repaint the body, sanding it, and fucking up the upper wing bevel xD and using the neck on a super strat project. MAN do i regret doing that, it was such an awesome guitar. now it just rests in peices under my bed.

My next one was a black model 2 from the first run of the model series. another great shredder. used it in my first official band audtition. didnt get the part though, oh well. But i loved it, and i regret trading it for an LTD alexi 600, thought it would be an upgrade, but, no, it wasnt.

The one after that was a Pearl white model 4 with the kahler. serial dated it to the second run. Man did i hate the kahler on that thing, for some reason me and it did NOT get along. However the idiot that had it before me managed to pout two grooves in the fretwire around the 16 and 19th frets under the B string, so there was allways a little bump when bending the high E string. it was an amazing guitar, perfect for thrash in my opinion, it got alot of playthroughs of the Among the Living album.

Sadly, i no longer have any functioning jackson/charvel guitars. but im looking for a model 6 or another avenger.
                    Guitars:
                    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                    Modded Jet City 100HDM
                    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

• Mine was (still with me) a KV1 natural korina mustaine 1998.

Comment

• mine was transparent red DK2 lefty. My grandma got it for me as a high school graduation present. THANKS GRANDMA!!!

Comment

• 85 Custom Soloist With Floyd and EMG's.

Comment

• 03 RR3 in trans red, standard sharkies, and chrome hardware. Right before they started using real Duncans and black hardware. Has real Duncans now though....
                            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• Left - My Very First Charvel
                              Right - My Very First Jackson

San Dimas Era 86' Jackson J2201 bought in 2002, still have it, still play it, still my main.

Reissue 05' Charvel C6580 bought in 2010, sold it......

Comment

• A RR bolt on with no SN made in USA. had an engraved wierd snakesking finish.
                                Didnt know what year. Coupld have been a proto of some sort. Should have kept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X