Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first Jackson/Charvel?

Mine was a 1990 Charvel 275 DLX for $350. Saw it at a Guitar Center in Raleigh, NC while on vacation back in August and layed it away. Payed it off and got it in October. It was well worth the wait!

Yours first?
    1990 Charvel 275DLX
    1993 Ibanez RG470
    2005 Ibanez RG7321
    2007 Ibanez RG120

RR-X; MIJ bolt-on RR for the European market. Similar to RR-3, but with the jack in the lower wing. I put a Schaller Floyd and EMGs in it. It was a nice guitar, but my current Charvies (M6 and 750XL) are much better.

Comment

Mine first was a RR5, then I sold it and got a KE2. Then a Y2KV. Then I quit playing for a few years and sold both guitars. Started playing again last summer and now I have a JJ2.

Comment

1984 Rhoads Student, purchased from a Recycler ad out of Van Nuys around 1987.

Still got it!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Jackson JS30RR, but I'm really regretting it now, bought second hand, neck was loose, pickup rings were busted and can't find any the right size, keeps fucking up all together, but heck, I'm either getting a DK2m or DXMG soon or saving the money and getting a matt tuck sig.
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

A KVx10, I got it in 2008 Its 2004 model, made on 17th of June (that date is the 4th of July of Iceland I think) It had that horrible blue swirl paintjob and crappy duncan designed pickups. Replaced that with Jb and Jazz and gave him some kind of a graffiti paint job.

Last year I painted it again and replaced the pickups with Dimarzio. Now it looks and plays Kickass and its my favorite guitar.

SACRILEGE

Guitars: Jackson King V, Jackson Kelly, Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK2M, Squier Stratocaster MIJ '85 and B.C Rich Whitelock
            Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100 and Peavey Windsor halfstacks.

Comment

Fircrackle Charvel Model 4 was my first Charvel. Bought it off my uncle after I couldn't get a DK2M Bengal.

First Jackson, a Jackson RR3. Swapped the bridge pickup for an OBL. Needs a new neck one though.

Comment

Performer HSS Dinky MiK
                Unsure of the model but the li'l bugger had a Bill Lawrence in the bridge
                neck was off center so kept pulling it off the fretboard
                Traded it for a Ibz RG620

Wish i still had it though, because it's what got me into jacksons
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

My first Jackson/Charvel anything was a Jackson woodburn neck that I put on a Kramer Focus body. That neck had a huge slab of ebony for a fretboard. Killer.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Mine was a Jackson Performer PS2 that I bought used in 1998 or 1999 for about 300.00. I still have it in fact.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

A purple DK2 in Feb 2005.

Don't know why I waited so long, I've always loved Jacksons.

I've made up for lost time.

Comment

my first jackson was my solar PC1. it was brand new. i traded it straight up for a candy apple red ESP custom MII i used to play. the ESP was a REAL custom, not a production line custom...but that PC1 was SOOOO sweet.....and my ESP was pretty beat up at the time. the shop owner got a HUGE boner for my ESP and was dropping the jackson line, so we traded. i miss my ESP sometimes because it was an amazing guitar, but my PC1 has played almost 150 shows and is just as awesome as when i got it.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My first was a powder blue 1982 San Dimas Star that I picked up in a Hayward, California Pawn Shop in 1987. It was modded with a floyd at the time and remained that way for years. I still have it and am now trying to restore it.

Comment

White King V3 back in 99 or 2000. Still have it, it still shreds

Comment

JDR-94 was my first Jackson.
                              Bought it new from the shop I worked at.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X