Jackson neck profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson neck profiles

Is there any difference in the neck profile between a USA Soloist and a USA Kelly?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

the spec sheet has the soloist neck being thicker.
    soloist 3rd .790 12th .850
    kelly .775 12th .835
    Last edited by Rich#6; 04-07-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Ahh, damn, Im really wanting a Kelly, but even the profile diff between my Soloist and my DKMGs is awkward to go back and forth to.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The difference is in the neck back SHAPE more than anything, being there is a margin of error in the thickness, it is all hand sanded and all. that being said, the soloist (along with the RR1) has a rounded C profile, while the Kelly (along with the warrior and the KV2) has a flat D profile.

I actually own a soloist that has a neck thinner than a KV2, so don't really pay too much attention to the thickness, its a difference of 1/2 a millimeter or so
        Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

I find these specs to be ballpark at best. My two soloists have nothing in common playing-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
            The difference is in the neck back SHAPE more than anything, being there is a margin of error in the thickness, it is all hand sanded and all. that being said, the soloist (along with the RR1) has a rounded C profile, while the Kelly (along with the warrior and the KV2) has a flat D profile.

I actually own a soloist that has a neck thinner than a KV2, so don't really pay too much attention to the thickness, its a difference of 1/2 a millimeter or so
            +1. The numbers on the specs page only give part of the story. I've played a WR1 and KE2 and they felt similar, but the 3 Soloists I've tried all felt wider and thinner than those.

Comment

My Soloists are very similar, enough that I really don't notice a difference, but I did have a '96 that was much thinner than any of the newer ones I've played.

Comment

Working...
              X