Im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new

Well i have to post an intro. post before i put my guitar in the classifieds, well here it is. My name is Jusint, I love jackson guitars. Whats up....happy?

Re: Im new

Welcome aboard.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_God:
      Well i have to post an intro. post before i put my guitar in the classifieds, well here it is. My name is Jusint, I love jackson guitars. Whats up....happy?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">None of us are happy until we see pics of your gear so lets get that camera and start snappin! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome,

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nope, classifieds are for contributing members. Going to take more than an into with a cocky attitude. We don’t want people joining only to sell something. So far it’s looking like you are.

Comment

My name is Jusint
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jusint... that's an interesting name. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tell ya what .. it's simple .. I moved your thread because it didn't adhere to our policy here .. It would have been easier to either email an admin and ask whats up or simply play by the rules instead of being a wise ass ..

So my suggestion is to start out on the right foot here and get in the door .. a lot of people here have paid a lot more dues to post smartass comments to admins and members and not get banned instead of walking in the door and trying it right off the bat ..

[ June 19, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

WHoa Whoa Whoa!! I didnt mean to sound cocky at all, i was just sayin...i dont know what much you want me to do to intoduce myself.... theres not much to say im 19 Im about to attend Full Sail for recording arts.. my fav. bands are Nevermore, Dream Theater, Shadows Fall and Soilwork. Sorry if i offended you guys i didnt mean to i was in a rush and just typed that message off the top of my head, didnt mean to come off cocky.

Comment

wow, i thought we had the next "banned ass" avatar owner for a minute. thankfully things can right themselves sometimes. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] welcome justin, make yourself at home.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't believe you were offensive.. people just do not know you yet.
                  Happy? no, not today, thanks.

That's an interesting quote Sully.. I agree to a degree, there are alot of guitarists who play their ass off locally or otherwise (myself included) who fail to get recognized because there isn't a tune (or three) to call their own that people could relate to selling them further.

On the other hand, I'd have to say eruption sold alot of "you really got me" when they were getting put on the air together. I'd say goes hand in hand, to bad Robin's not around for a rebuttal anymore.

Anyways, don't mean to start a debate over that, just writing an obversation.

Hey, I wanted to ask..what happpened to the edit feature?.. It seems there's so much less time to make a correction... it expires in like what, 30 min? I noticed the spellcheck disappeared too somewhere along the line..altho, it didnt work to well on the larger posts.

[ June 20, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Couple of points ...

The reason he was thought to be a wise ass was because He didn't read the rules, Post his classified, I moved it , He reposted it, it was moved a 2nd time and then he came here and posted this message.

He has apologized and stated he meant no harm so all is cool >> Welcome to the JCF<<

As far as the edit feature and spellchecker.

Edit- We were having a problem when members would end up in a hot thread and after a bunch of posts would go back and delete all their posts so you couldn't figure out what happened. We also ran into people deleting threads simply because they had gotten mad at the forum. The decision was made to time limit editing.. We had 2 choices .. Time limit or stop editing all together other than the admins. Lets face it ..we don't want to take control away from you guys when you post so the most reasonable choice was to time limit the edits .. it serves 2 purposes.. 1)prevents members from mass deleting posts 2) If it becomes permanent it make members more responsible when the hit that post button ( Kinda makes you think) ... Hope this clears it up ..

Spellchecker- When we upgraded the UBB to the newest revision I sat down and coded in the spellcheck as the upgrade removed it. Well I screwed up the entire board. It took both Jeremy and I several hours of work to repair my screw up and I'm kinda gunshy about trying it again. I'm sure I'll step up to the plate again in the future and give it another shot but I don't think I could take the ribbing from jeremy again if I screw up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So does this put things into perspective? ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

ahh, *ding* yes it does sir.. thanks! Makes mucho more sense.

Comment

MY pile o skulls is up now check it out!!

Comment

Spellcheck? Sounds like your days are numbered RacerX.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, so you DO know how to use the smileys! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                              Well I screwed up the entire board. It took both Jeremy and I several hours of work to repair my screw up and I'm kinda gunshy about trying it again. I'm sure I'll step up to the plate again in the future and give it another shot but I don't think I could take the ribbing from jeremy again if I screw up [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh. So every time there's a problem with the board and it says Jeremy broke it, it's really you?!? Get with the program, man!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X