Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strangletooth & khabibissell - this is for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strangletooth & khabibissell - this is for you!

I just have to express my praise to a couple of gentlemen JCF'ers, after doing business with them. Hope it's ok.

Pat (strangletooth), you're a top guy who deserve some praise! Today, my 1987 Soloist SL2H B/W grid graphics arrived here in Denmark after over 100 days of waiting! (not Pat's fault). Back in early march, i asked Pat if he would sell a guitar to me and i started annoying him with questions and endless requests for pictures of every crazy detail. Pat was great and responsive and he treated me well. If he hadn't told me afterwards, i never would have guessed that during our dealing, his wife was expecting a baby and Pat was constantly in and out of the hospital. He didn't even complain! Pat shipped the guitar promptly to my american courier, who would ultimately bring it to me in Denmark (no customs heh!). Lot's of things went wrong with my courier, thus the 100+ days wait, but finally it's here!
    The Grid is fantastic looking - yes, it needs some TLC, but its condition is better than he described it, so i'm happy! This was a good transaction and i even got a free Jackson/Charvel T-shirt that Pat put in the case! I'll post some pics when the Grid is cleaned up and set up with some new pickups and stuff. Pat, you rock! Here's a pic of the Grid (out on the left) when Pat had it:

Another fine gentleman is Steve (khabibissell) who sold me a set of used EMG pickups. They are like new condition! They arrived together with the guitar from Pat (long story) and everything was as described. Initially, i was a fool and gave Steve the wrong shipment address, so he had to visit the postoffice twice. Steve said no problem - he's surely one of a kind. Very pleasant fellow!

All i can say is, i'm glad to be a part of JCF because all you guys rock!

[ June 19, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: strangletooth & khabibissell - this is for you!

Heyyyyyy what's that one to the left of the Grid? Looks sorta like a Conan cover graphic (Barbarian fighting a giant whatever)

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice axe. Pat is a top notch act and a cool guy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him.

Matt

Comment

Newc, it sure is a Conan sorta comic book thing. I've got a better picture of it, but it is one that Pat sent me privately, so he better post it himself.
        Henrik

Comment

Hey, you gotta nice axe there, i bet plays smooth.

Comment

Newc, that was a Fusion Pat snagged on eBay some time ago. Pat will confirm, but I recall it was a dude reaching up to the lightning, sort of the "man touches God" reference...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yo Pat,

if you're reading this, appreciate that you could shoot me a mail at [email protected] or if any of you guys could give me his email address(lost it when my hard-drive crashed)

I just receive some refund from my workshop, and i'm hoping to work on another deal with you.

Thanx
              Cham

Comment

Almost forgotten... HELL YEAH!! Pat is a top notch act and that's why i'm planning to get gears from him again!

And Matt(OSG)is hell of a guy too!!! gotten my very first pointy from him!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Cham [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey MattOSG, judging from the Fender cardboard box my Grid came in, the box originally came from you.. containing a DK2 or something he he [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Henrik

Comment

Thanx Jackson1! Glad all is well!

That fusion is the "Hercules" I believe it's tagged as, it a cool guitar, but it was in poor condition so to speak, just old I guess and the washers for the pots were "stuck" to the paint, fused after the years I guess, but it seems the paint is really "fragile" and unfortunately, it's chipped a bit around a few places, no fault of mine, but there anyway.

Cham, see my profile and remove the NOSPAM when sending bro. I may have a few things you may like...

Thanx again guys! See ya'll at NAMM soon!

By the way, my son had his open heart surgery a couple weeks ago and is home, after a week in the hospital after surgery and is doing wonderful! Thanx to all for the awesome letters, prayers and thoughts.. I'll make a post this weekend in the Non-Jack about it, I've been wanting to, but I've had a lot of time of late and doing a lot of sole searching on my bike... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, more later and thanx as always!

Pat

Comment

Hey MattOSG, judging from the Fender cardboard box my Grid came in, the box originally came from you.. containing a DK2 or something he he
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, Pat got a couple guitars from me.

Comment

Re: strangletooth &amp; khabibissell - this is for you!

Thanks for the compliments and enjoy the pickups!

Comment

Re: strangletooth &amp; khabibissell - this is for you!

Pat,

you have mail!

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Cham

Comment

Working...
                          X