Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting my Jackson Kelly KE-3 signed by Marty Friedman!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my Jackson Kelly KE-3 signed by Marty Friedman!!!

Marty is doing a clinic in Melbourne, AU this coming Monday, and I'm taking my Kelly to get it signed.

Now... How should I go about getting this done, in terms of the marker and how to make it permanently stay without fade or anything bad...

Will post pics after.
    www.facebook.com/espionageband

LOOKING FOR LATE-80s/EARLY-90s ESP guitars (preferably with the "lawsuit" Jackson style headstocks). Email me at
    [email protected]!

Make life too easy and take just the trem cover plate.
    Sign the inside and you can put it on the guitar without fear of it wearing off
    Put it on the outside and stash away, find a replacement to keep on the guitar.

Comment

Yeah I agree, get it signed on one of the plates...no lugging the guitar , and also can be framed for safe keeping...IMO there is nothing worse than a guitar signed on the front, I don't care who it is, when I see one I want to wipe it off.

Comment

+1. I had George Lynch sign the inside trem cavity on my NAMM ESP (It wasn't painted yet - bare wood).

Comment

I'm gonna see him on Tues night in Sydney. I just sold my KE-3 today. Didn't want Marty to sign another kelly shaped guitar lol. I'm just gonna bring my Charvel 650XL to get signed.

I'm also interested to know what marker should be used? Not sure if I want him to sign the back of the body or the trem plate.
          Guitars:
          Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
          Ibanez S520EX
          Jackson DK2M

Comment

If you are dead set on him signing the physical guitar, use a Sharpie in a color that will stand out from the paintjob, ie if it's a black guitar, use silver. A bright color, use black. Etc,etc...

But I agree with the rest of the guys. Have him sign a cover plate with a silver Sharpie. Not only is that easier, but you won't have to clear coat over the signature once you get it done. Just my .02.

Comment

i got paul gilbert to sign my trem cavity plate with a tipex pen
              i sold the ibanez that the plate was from, but i still have the plate
              get the plate done
              i see no point in getting a guitar signed by somebody unless its to display, for example hard rock cafe or something
              or if the guitar was made by them or for them.. and even then it should be hidden
              the thing i hate most is when people try to sell guitars for stupid prices just cause of a signiture
              "WESLEY STRAT O' CRAPSTER SIGNED BY THE DRUMMER OF BON JOVI!! £12,499 O.B.O"

oh, i also owned a peavey vandenberg signed by adrian on the front of the body, even with a picture of him signing the guitar
              and it just ruined it... if it was back of the headstock i could have lived with it, but it just sucked having his name written on my guitar.

Comment

i had paul gilbert sign the trem cover.. i never keep it on the guitars anyway, so it was the obvious choice. it was a silver pen. if you want to preserve it, just clearcoat the plate with some non reactive paint (try on a piece of plastic, with a scribble with the same pen that was used for the sig) and see that it stays intact.
                shame i hadnt had that guitar when i saw steve vai.. i'd have him sign it aswell
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

My brother in law just snagged a an old Peavey in natural blond finish, signed by all the members of the Scorpions! THis old dude said he bought it at a garage sale, for $100 so he would
                  let it go for $150.00! Very cool wall hanger for $150.00!

Comment

bastard. I just got the new JS32T kelly (well its on laybuy but i played it today) and the KE3 is the next one i want ^_^
                    "A Peavey exploded?

Fuck we have a fucking problem!

End of the world right here!

Seriously,a Peavey exploding is like my ass suddenly sprouting wings and flying me into space." Grim

Jackson JS32T Kelly
                    Jackson JS30DKT
                    Roland 15X Cube
                    Dunlop CryBaby

Comment

Working...
                    X