The Official "Great Deal But Not For Me" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "Great Deal But Not For Me" Thread

I had an idea over the weekend. Most of us are always on the lookout for great deals on Jackson/Charvel guitars, but sometimes we run across great deals that we aren't personally interested in. Maybe we already have one like it or similar, or maybe it's more money than we want to spend at the moment. So why not post them here so someone else can have a shot at it?

I'll start:

I was at Value Plus Pawn in Knoxville, TN., on Saturday. They have/had a really nice DK2 in Transparent Blue, marked down to $219.00. This one has genuine Duncan pups (was that ever factory on a DK2?). I don't know if there's a case or not.

I played this one and it's very clean.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    I was at Value Plus Pawn in Knoxville, TN., on Saturday. They have/had a really nice DK2 in Transparent Blue, marked down to $219.00. This one has genuine Duncan pups (was that ever factory on a DK2?).
    Yes, they currently come with real Duncans.
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Yes, they currently come with real Duncans.
      http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...uct=2911000803
      Good to know. This one played like a dream, but I already have two imports.

Comment

Here's the contact info

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
        I was at Valu Plus Pawn in Knoxville, TN.,
        5405 Harriett Place
        Knoxville, TN 37912-3467
        (865) 687-4970

near corner of Clinton Highway & Merchant Dr.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For $219, you cant go wrong with a DK2. If you get tired of it, you can always sell it in parts. The neck alone will fetch you that much on eBay. Sharkies, 24 frets, people go crazy over those.
          Sam

Comment

local pawnbrokers, Fusion SS in metallic black for $120. Serious finger funk and a bit of a ground issue, needs a good setup & clean.

Oh wait.....

That's not a great deal for someone else. That's a great deal for me. Bought it a week ago for $105!!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Here's the contact info

5405 Harriett Place
              Knoxville, TN 37912-3467
              (865) 687-4970

near corner of Clinton Highway & Merchant Dr.
              Thanks, Ron, and that's a great point. Let's make it easy to contact these sellers.

Comment

Looking out for you guys here

It's got a Kahler, but looks to be in great shape and the price isn't too bad.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  Looking out for you guys here

It's got a Kahler, but looks to be in great shape and the price isn't too bad.

Grim,

Either you must have more money than us, or we must have less money than you...

Comment

I think that seller is a member here, so I won't say what I was gonna say...

Comment

I'll say it. He is on crack. 1500 for a student soloist with a kahler.

Comment

I've seen student soloists go for 2K :S

Clearly 2k is rediculous, but this one is in good shape and if you can live with the Kahler then...

I must have more money than you ...

Any San Dimas in that kinda condition I value, so I won't say it's an awful price what so ever. It is not a GOOD price by any means, but I think it is reasonable.
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Well I just picked up a newer-than-that SL-1 (WITH OFR) for way less than half what he's asking...

Oh yeah, fixed:

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                          Clearly 2k is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Well I just picked up a newer-than-that SL-1 (WITH OFR) for way less than half what he's asking...
                            yea, but that one has sought after dots, a Kahler & mini-toggles. Not to mention the inherent San Dimas mojo.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

okay, here's one for the Aussie's:

Cash Converters in Fortitude Valley have a Model 1A, red with black pickguard, probably a solid 7/10 for $265.

This is a pretty good price for a Model around these parts.

I've been watching this one for a long while. They used to have $600 on it but I've been spoilt with some killer deals on Models, so it was more than I am interested in spending on one. Now that it has finally come down in price, I still want it but really don't need it so for anyone who's interested, here's a headsup.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X