NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    Pointy gold logo made by the same guys that made them in the 80's, not in production in USA since 85 how is this not a reissue?
    I think it could use some orange pickups.
    Great idea to use a corn snake instead of the same old same old.
    [/INDENT]
    Ummm "Wrong" better call fender : )
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
      Nice guitar but I want a pic of that "wwII war plane grafx" guitar i can see on the left!
      That Warbird guitar is Mike Learn's and he has pics of it on his site.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Pointy gold logo made by the same guys that made them in the 80's, not in production in USA since 85 how is this not a reissue?
        For what it's worth, I have it on good authority that Mike Shannon made the guitar himself.

I think it could use some orange pickups.
        I had considered doing something like that (having the pickups painted to match) but opted to go for a more traditional look with the double cream bobbins. Besides, I don't have any other guitars with double creams.

Great idea to use a corn snake instead of the same old same old.
        Thank you. That's precisely what I was thinking. I thought about a green palette but decided that would come off as dragon-esque.

Comment

Ummm "Wrong" better call fender : )
          Are you sure you are not confused with the current ones?(yes I have a 2005 charvel). I have NEVER heard anything other then these were made by the J/C guys. There was a lot more attention to detail on these.
          For what it's worth, I have it on good authority that Mike Shannon made the guitar himself.
          See John.

Comment

I don't want to be an ass(well) But I have talked to fender rep in the past month, steve something? says most custom shop j/c are made by the same people as the production shit and that the custom shop was more or less just a production deal ? who knows maybe he is stupid, but thats what he said.but matt your guitar is very nice!!! and sorry to take away from that fact...
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I dig it. How is the finish on the skin when you are playing it? Are you gonna get callouses on your forearm?
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I don't want to be an ass(well) But I have talked to fender rep in the past month, steve something? says most custom shop j/c are made by the same people as the production shit and that the custom shop was more or less just a production deal ?
                They were sold as "hand made" under the supervision of tim wilson and mike shannon(some are lucky enough to get one made by the old timers). the "reissues were more like the Jackson selects than the Charvel "production" models.

Comment

wow. righteous!!
                  this gets my vote as one of the best refinishes ive seen in a while! kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                    No offense taken but I'm not sure what you mean by the pics not doing the finish justice other than that you can't feel the pics.
                    Yeah - I guess I just want to feel it! I meant it looks great, but it probably looks way better in person. Ah, nevermind - I dig it!
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Is it hard to keep clean and to polish? Does sweat and grime build up in the "cracks?" Like the old "Earthquake" stone finishes?
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                        wow. righteous!! this gets my vote as one of the best refinishes ive seen in a while! kudos!
                        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          Is it hard to keep clean and to polish?
                          I won't know that until I receive it later this week but to be blunt I hope I don't have to polish that much if at all.
                          Does sweat and grime build up in the "cracks?" Like the old "Earthquake" stone finishes?
                          Only time will tell but if there is build up, it will only add to the mojo.

Comment

heres my Snake copy : )

Well then theres this one.

then if you really want something with some kick theres this one : )

But really I can dig the whole snakeskin finish deal, congrats on the great guitar.

Comment

I don't see any corn snakes.
                              I see a coral snake, red tail boa?? and a rattlesnake??

Comment

How's it go: black on red - end up dead, black on yellow - snake is mellow?
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X