NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin

I had originally planned on refinishing this guitar (originally white) in desert camo because I missed a Jackson I used to own but after thinking over it for a while, I realized I didn't want 2 camo guitars and I wanted a guitar with a Texas blues vibe (not SRV blues per say).

To me, a snakeskin finish with PAFs would give me that Texas blues vibe. Mike Learn's recently introduced Real Feel snakeskin finish also seemed really cool but I wanted something a bit different (no copperhead or python) so I opted to use the corn snake as reference for the color scheme.

Needless to say, Mike pulled off the finish fantastically and nailed the colors. Just another masterpiece from the master painter. I should also mention that I am fortunate enough to be the 2nd person to receive a guitar with this type of finish. The first person was Warren Demartini.

Without further ado, here she is:

That's funky.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      That's funky.
      Funky good or funky bad?

Comment

My God!

Comment

That looks nothing like a corn snake.....just saying : ) but its cool. theres that word "reissue" thats a false statement, is it not?
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            That looks nothing like a corn snake.....just saying : )
            This is the corn snake image (which I found on Google) I sent Mike for reference. I found pics of corn snakes in different color patterns but I found plenty of pics with this color scheme and I liked it the best.

theres that word "reissue" thats a false statement, is it not?
            ??? How so? It was made right before Charvel start reissuing the SD pointies in 2005. I am incorrect it is before of ignorance and not intent.
            Last edited by Matt_B; 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
              Funky good or funky bad?
              I don't know - I haven't decided. I don't think the pics are really doing justice to the real-feel snakeskin (no offense). I really like the colors.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Also - ignore J.W. - He was probably thinking "trouser snake!"
                Blank yo!

Comment

I don't know - I haven't decided. I don't think the pics are really doing justice to the real-feel snakeskin (no offense).
                  No offense taken but I'm not sure what you mean by the pics not doing the finish justice other than that you can't feel the pics.

I really like the colors.
                  Thank you. I've been wanting a red and orange guitar and this was the perfect finish for those colors.

Comment

Also - ignore J.W. - He was probably thinking "trouser snake!"

Hey fuck stick!!

that looks nothing like the snake in the pic! or any other sub of a corn.

just stick to fucking chickens GTurkey
                    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-26-2010, 05:02 PM.
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

reissuse is a false term in that it was "never" issused. it a fender copy of what they were doing back then.......

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                        reissuse is a false term in that it was "never" issused. it a fender copy of what they were doing back then.......
                        It was my understand that era of pointies were considered reissues but it appears I am incorrect.

Comment

Sorry Matt_b nothing against you or your guitar, its nice! just being an ass....: )

Comment

Nice guitar but I want a pic of that "wwII war plane grafx" guitar i can see on the left!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Pointy gold logo made by the same guys that made them in the 80's, not in production in USA since 85 how is this not a reissue?
                              I think it could use some orange pickups.
                              Great idea to use a corn snake instead of the same old same old.

Comment

Working...
                              X