Why no production double rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no production double rhoads?

I apologize in advance - I did search but could'nt find the answer, but I'm sorry if this has been beaten to death already.

I would think that there would be enough demand to justify a regular production double rhoads. I also notice it's not listed as an option on the customshop website.

Anyhow, why don't they make a production version of this very cool guitar?

Probably because its very similar to a King V.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

And because they probably sell a whole 1 pieces a year
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

they do make a production of this, its called a king V, they just made it smaller

Comment

It may be a matter of symantics but these are different guitars. Somewhat like how a soloist is not a strat. Double Rhoads are pretty big guitars which suited Robbin because of his size. It was scaled down for Mustaine and subsequently became the king v. My guess would be that they are note a production model other than limited runs due to their size.

Comment

I wouldnt say that they are different guitars, the one made for Crosby was big, cause he was a big man, but it was called a king v because of Robbins nickname "King". Its like how the original Kellys were way bigger than the kelly is now, both were scaled down to suit the average player, i think there are 3 sizes of each model, one in between the original and the shapes now

They are huge, my rhoads is big enough and that only has one of those huge fins, and i would say this is exactly why they wouldnt think of making a production model, and why there wouldnt be the demand for it

Cheers

Comment

The original Double Rhoads was made for Dave Linsk (lead guitar player who's been in Overkill since about 1999). The guitar was at the factory for some work, Robbin saw it and wanted one made for him.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

True, point i was trying to make was that they named the double rhoads after Robbin cause he/Ratt were much more popular than Overkill back then, the King V was then scaled down to suit a wider audience keeping the king v name, so it is essentially the same guitar

I know this is merely a technicality, but oh well

not trying to step on anyones toes here, trying to learn from those who have been around for awhile

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                  True, point i was trying to make was that they named the double rhoads after Robbin cause he/Ratt were much more popular than Overkill back then,...
                  As toe already pointed out, Linsk wasn't even in overkill when his double Rhoads was made in the mid-80s; he probably was just in a local band. But your point is well taken...and it was probably made for better advertising for Jackson.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Robbin was pretty much the last of the "big fuckers" in '80s Metal, and thus a Double-Rhoads King V would not look right on most of the players that came afterwards. Remember, he wasn't just tall, he was fairly stout compared to his contemporaries, which were mostly scrawny little crackheads - short and thin, and tall and thin.

However, the smaller King V suits the current Metal players because it's easier to move around with. You don't have to concern yourself with getting too close to someone else and poking them with the tips, or punching a hole in the drummer's kick head on a small stage.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X