No announcement yet.

Finally got some wall hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sort of a load can they take on those little plastic inserts? Your guitars are only going to weigh 8 or so lbs (or less) anyway, right?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Except for the Halford

The box says they can take 15 pounds. Not sure of that's the hanger or the screws, or if that's the screws into wood and not into the plastic thingies.

I guess we'll know in about a week

Notice the Jazz'R isn't hanging up, nor the basses

Actually I thought about mounting those lower so the bodies rest on the floor and the hanger simply holds them upright :idea:
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        what sort of a load can they take on
        Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Except for the Halford
        Umm, what? :ROTF:
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That looks great! For anyone that search's and actually reads post's (lol), You can buy a board, mount it to the studs on the wall, and screw in these hangers which can be purchased at ACE for $1.49 each (last time I checked). Works great and can support 50lbs!

Click image for larger version

Name:	313HfS2CGqL._SL500_AA225_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	2444857

here is my setup. Yours is much cleaner though. I went my route to save money

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2373.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2444858

LOOK MA, ALL THE GUITARS ARE IN THE PICTURE! GREAT SON! NEXT TIME GET THE WHOLE AMP...
          Last edited by z1n; 05-06-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

The volume knob on the edge of the ring is one of those Shatten acoustic/Jazz box type under-pickguard thumbwheel thingies from StewMac. I took a junky oversized plastic gold pickup ring and cut the corner off to stick the wheel to (it's got sticky pads) and mounted that ring on the original flat/short metal ring. Looks like ass but works fine.
            That one was ordered with no controls at all, which was a cool concept on paper, but turned out to not be so practical

And yeah, they're not mounted to studs, just into the sheetrock inside those little plastic inserts they come with (Flirtin with disaster)

They're String Swing brand. Got them from GuitarFetish for $10 each - cheapest I found.
            Thanks for the info. The Warangel wiring sounds like my first electric I got 3rd hand from a friend...a humbucker hammered into a cort strat copy hardwired to the output jack. Yours is much nicer! It certainly taught me how to mute the unwanted strings using distortion.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
              look ma, all the guitars are in the picture! Great son! Next time get the whole amp...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                That looks great! For anyone that search's and actually reads post's (lol), You can buy a board, mount it to the studs on the wall, and screw in these hangers which can be purchased at ACE for $1.49 each (last time I checked). Works great and can support 50lbs!

here is my setup. Yours is much cleaner though. I went my route to save money

LOOK MA, ALL THE GUITARS ARE IN THE PICTURE! GREAT SON! NEXT TIME GET THE WHOLE AMP...
                Kinda hard to get them all in on pic when they're on two opposing walls

The closet's right after the SLS Custom, and the door into the room is next to the black NASL.
                The Warriors are on the wall across from that one.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Is this in a basement, Newc?

Comment

Why am I getting this message when I click on links?

vBulletin Message

Tricky, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
                    Models
                    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                    I dont need furniture.
                    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                      Why am I getting this message when I click on links?

vBulletin Message

Tricky, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                      1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
                      Because, and I quote:

3. You have a small penis.

Ron - no, it's not in a basement. Manufactured home, thus, sloping ceilings. Hooray for poverty!

And I did read the other post a while back about getting those crapass U-shaped jobbies from Home Despot and a 2x4 and doing it ghetto. I got ghetto-a-plenty already, so I went with something nice

Comment

Wait a minute Newc,
                        Did you put a spy cam in my bathroom?:think:

Whats up with the text running vertically and not horizontal?
                        Models
                        The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                        I dont need furniture.
                        If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                        If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                        And rock that sucker.

Comment

I like the way you staggered your guitars instead of hanging them all in a straight line. I've been thinkin about doin something simular to that. I've been lookin at the Hercules auto-grab wall hangers. They're nice but the damn things are around $20 each.
                          Do you think atheists with dyslexia and insomnia lay awake at night wondering if there really is a doG? :think:

Comment

Ron - no, it's not in a basement. Manufactured home, thus, sloping ceilings. Hooray for poverty!
                            OK, man - just concerned cuz of all the flooding I hear about in your state! I think that's further to the east though.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Umm, what? :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                                Wait a minute Newc,
                                Did you put a spy cam in my bathroom?:think:

Whats up with the text running vertically and not horizontal?
                                What text? :think:

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                OK, man - just concerned cuz of all the flooding I hear about in your state! I think that's further to the east though.
                                Ah, yeah, I see. No, I didn't get any flooding at my house - I'm 9 feet higher than anything else, so even if I had a basement I'd be alright
                                But, the UPS place got it pretty bad. And I been trying to ship one out via UPS since last Monday (when it flooded)

Comment

Working...
                                X