Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Jacksons, if any, had H/S config's????!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Jacksons, if any, had H/S config's????!?

I'm buying this pink body tonight that a guy claims is possibly a jackson. I have not seen the back of it yet.

The neck single route appears to be slanted. I also don't know if the body has been repainted. It also appears to have a total of 5 holes drilled for pots/switches, etc.

Any help would rule!
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

The only USA 'models' with h/s that I can recall were the PC Archtop and the 1988 LTD neither of which match that body obviously. So you're into custom / pre-USA Select territory, with maybe the odd small batch for GC etc. There are quite a lot of crackles with h/s from around 88 or so.

I'm not sure about imports, but the Charvel Predator and 3DR were both h/s.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

could be a Charvel. There were a couple of guitars with H-S configs that I can recall offhand - the 3DR, 275, one of the Fusions (SX?), the 550XL. From the pickup spacing, I'd guess it could be a 275 since they were 22 frets & 25 1/2" scale. The body doesn't look thick enough to be a 3DR and the pickups would be closer together on a Fusion as they were 24 frets & 24 3/4" scale. Oh, and the 550XL was neckthru, so that's out
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Predator was H/S as well but this obviously isnt as its flush mount floyd.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Anything in the neck pocket?

Comment

It doesn't look like any import Charvel unless it has been modded.
            That neck pup rout doesn't look right.

Looks like that lower horn is scalloped & has dinky style hard body edges.
            No recess Floyd rout, so not a Predator, and the pup routs look too far apart to be a Fusion.
            Models
            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
            I dont need furniture.
            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
            X