Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Chat with the man Chris Cannella

Don't know if anyone cares all that much, just thought I'd share:

So I was lucky enough to meet Chris at the Rochester House of Guitars, what a cool guy! After a long winded old timer let Cannella take the floor he was shredding and taking on some of his 7 string jams that he has been working on with a guy from Behemoth/Vader apparently (chime in if you know the name I already forgot). I have heard the meat and potatoes of his speech's a million times on youtube albeit a NAMM show video or a product review so I thought it may be a little boring but he was passionate about it and comical so my interest was held the entire time. I don't think Jackson could have found a more charismatic and down to earth dude.

He signed the back plate of my So Cal "Charvel 4 life, stay true!" Most of the "stick to your heart and play for your own enjoyment" speeches tend to be pretty corny but when Chris lays it down it just makes you want to relax and jam.

Anyways if you didn't already see it coming, we may see a USA 7 string and some cool USA select options but as of a time frame I have no idea. This meeting has only super charged my love for Jacksons and made me want my own USA model even more! I guess these product placement meetings do their thing subconsciously! My only regret is that there were so few people in the store for this, I'm loving the EVH 5150 tone.

tl;dr - met Chris Cannella, he played some new 7 string jams and all was well.

Just thought I'd share, has anyone else seen him on his independent music store tour?
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

I haven't but it sounds like fun. I've enjoyed his Ytube vids for some time now.

Comment

Yeah, Chris is cool. I had a chance to talk to him last summer; I got my notes here somewhere...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Yeah, Chris is cool. I had a chance to talk to him last summer; I got my notes here somewhere...
        I like EL34s.

Comment

I also enjoy his Youtube vids, and I totally dig the green soft archtop he is playing in this EMG-X video
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USjMI3bOTdQ&NR=1

Comment

He said he has 15 custom Jackson/Charvel and a few acoustics and then his road guitars. I was drooling at that point without even seeing 'em!

Comment

I saw him the night after you in Alto Music in Middletown. Super cool guy as were all the guys from Jackson.. They hung around in the parking lot after and talked gear for wuite awhile. I too was suprised at the turnout, as it was very small as well. Shame, maybe it was a timing thing.

Comment

Chris is such a great spokesman for the product. Very approachable, likable guy that bends over backwards to help people.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Maybe you guys could post some youtube links to the speeches you're talking about.
                  I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                    Maybe you guys could post some youtube links to the speeches you're talking about.
                    MAYBE YOU COULD GO TO YOUTUBE.COM AND JUST ENTER THE NAME DAAAAAH

Comment

I did that, but this dude is too prolific. So I don't think I've found the clips that they were talking about.

Fun nonetheless.

You still owe me some of whatever you were taking to get into the chat!

Comment

Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kidding
                        Just kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kiddingJust kidding

Comment

So I don't get any?

Comment

Chris is good people. Always have a standing invitation for him to come out to Chicago for some Pizza. (That goes for McD, Kotzen, and Michael Mc. too)
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                              So I don't get any?
                              Lookup some of his Piney Hills product speeches or things of that nature. It's just basically the history of Jacksons, best components at every given price point and how they are for the player and all that jazz.

Comment

Working...
                              X