Model ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model ID help

With it having a Kahler it wouldnt be a 650...
    It could be a '86 Model 6, they came with Kahlers, but they didnt have the toothpaste logo...
    [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Re: Model ID help

Thanks for the info so far. I know, the Kahler's got me puzzled to. I thought I read somewhere (I'm a little new to Charvels) that the number following the C in the serial number indicated the model year, but the Kahler dates it before 87?

Comment

Maybe you could send pics to me?
      Dave->

[email protected]
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

rrric's pics of guitar:

I believe you have a 650 Charvel. I think someone had replaced the original trem with the Kahler.

Dave->
        Dave ->

Comment

Dave -
          Thanks for your help. I was beginning to think maybe the trem had been switched. It does fit the body nicely though. I blocked it anyway, so no big deal which system it has on it. It's my first Charvel and I'm impressed on how it plays.
          I still would like to find out about the PU wiring. When I got it, the red and black from the humbucker weren't attached to anything. It did look like the ends had been soldered once. It seems to be play OK though. Also thanks for posting my pics

Comment

Hey there,
            If I'm not mistaken, the black should be wired as hot and the green should be ground and the red and white should be soldered and taped together. The red and white wires are if your going to coil tap that pickup. Where are the four wires going now?

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

White going to 5way, the same as the other 2 pickups. Green ground on preamp switch body. Not to say it was like that to begin with. I rescued this from a friend. It was just abandoned in a dark corner of his bsmt. Had been there awhile. Won't say what I paid for it, price I got it for should be illegal. Thoroughly cleaned it, reoiled neck, refinished trem. Wiring looked like someone had been in it.

Comment

I think your'e right about soldering red & white together. I found info at

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...f88wiring.html

They have copies (unfortunatley not very clear) of an 80s Jackson Electronics manual. Shows all of their applications too.

Kudos for your help [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and that from everyone else.

Comment

Model ID help

I'm trying to ID a recent acquistion. The serial# is C904894 and it has the following...

- Neckthru
                  - Blue Finish
                  - bound neck & headstock
                  - Toothpaste Charvel logo
                  - Sharkfin inlays
                  - H-S-S Active PUs
                  - Kahler trem bridge

I also need to find out wiring for the PUs, primarily what the black and red leads from the humbucker go to. Any help would be appreciated. Email me if you need to see pics.

[ June 22, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: rrric ]

Comment

I would say thats a Charvel 650. Dont know about the wiring though. I own the 750xl which has the two humbucker set.Great guitars. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X