No announcement yet.

I have an SL2H, should I sell my 650XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an SL2H, should I sell my 650XL?

Just wondering what you guys think? It'd kinda really break my heart to see the 650XL go but I already have a SL2H as a main 6 string. What would you guys do? The extra cash from the 650XL would be pretty handy, maybe I could get another guitar. Also, keep in mind I live in Australia and Charvel 650XLs only pop up once in a blue moon (I've seen 2 for sale here in the past 5 years).

I may sell the SL2H in time but it plays too damn well! The 650XL has a nicer finish IMO though (blue metallic vs green metallic).

vs

Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

Keep the 650, it's an awesome guitar and you will most likely not going to find another one in the near future. If you MUST sell one, get rid of the soloist, there's plenty of those floating around.
    Just my .02 of course.
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Unless youre a guitar collector I would suggest you sell the 650. The soloist is in every respect a better guitar. I dont know if it's just smudges but the 650 looks a little scuffed and the Soloist is brand spankin shiney! Plus its your main 6 string.

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
        Unless youre a guitar collector I would suggest you sell the 650. The soloist is in every respect a better guitar. I dont know if it's just smudges but the 650 looks a little scuffed and the Soloist is brand spankin shiney! Plus its your main 6 string.
        I disagree completely. I have both and i prefer the 650 over the Soloist, they are both killer guitars but i always end up using the 650 more. It surely is a matter of taste and feeling, so to say the Soloist is better in every aspect is pretty harsh, to say the least.
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Only if you really need the cash, sell the Charvel.

I think you'd be better off keeping both (always good to have a backup superstrat!)
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sounds like it woudn't be a good move to sell.

Comment

Neck Through?

Contact me

Bolt on?

$400 (Seriously.)
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Neck through of course! It's pretty much a soloist! Haha, not trying to sell it on the forums by creating this thread or anything. I'm from Australia anyway so most people here wouldn't be able to buy it (unless you'd want to pay over $350 in shipping which I wouldn't.

Anyway, the 650XL and the SL2H are in the same condition. Pretty much immaculate except for one ding on each guitar, on the same spot.

Kuerbo, that's the same reasoning I had!

I'm going to probably take RacerX's advice. I'll keep them both for a while and if I really need cash one day, I'll probably sell of the 650XL (the SL2H plays TOO well. Almost on par with my old Caparison Horus.)

Thanks for the advice guys. Think I just needed someone to tell me not to sell it!
                Guitars:
                Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
                Ibanez S520EX
                Jackson DK2M

Comment

Glad you made the right choice
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If you do sell one of them, you can get sheets for your bed!

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post

I thought the same thing. I would post more pictures of my guitars but I have a level of housekeeping that would make Fett uncomfortable.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
                        I disagree completely. I have both and i prefer the 650 over the Soloist, they are both killer guitars but i always end up using the 650 more. It surely is a matter of taste and feeling, so to say the Soloist is better in every aspect is pretty harsh, to say the least.
                        Of course things come down to playability and we have no idea how good either of these guitars play. Just because your 650 plays good doesnt mean his does too.
                        So we have to judge based on SPECS and value of the guitars. The soloist pretty much has better specs all around.

Comment

Keep the charvel dude, you'll always want a backup guitar or one for an alternate tuning. Not to mention you seem quite attached.
                          "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                            Never fucked a bitch so hard the sheets came off? I have : )
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                              Never fucked a bitch so hard the sheets came off? I have : )
                              You romancer you
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X