Jackson guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guitars

did any of you people ever by a jackson brand new from the company or from musicians friend?

because i ordered a brand new rr1 from musicians friend and they said it was not a regular stock item and they still didnt get it in yet and i ordered it like about 2 months ago. and i heard stories with people ordering from jackson and not gettin the guitar for like a year and when they got it it wasnt even the right guitar. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson guitars

When you order a Select series guitar, it could take time. These guitars are made in batches but 2 months does sound long for a rr1, unless you ordered something out of the ordinary (ie, custom graphic opposed to a solid color). Maybe MF is waiting to get enough orders in so they get a better discount from Jackson. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] And yes, some Jackson do take a long time but those again are custom orders.

I've not heard anyone waiting 1 year and getting the wrong guitar.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Musician's Friend isn't the Musician's Friend they claim to be. They will gladly take your money for something that is not in stock, yet somehow they avoid public lawsuits for false advertisement.

Since Jackson models are made in batches, you'll have to wait till the next batch of RR1s is made, unless they're already pre-sold, in which case you'll have to wait till it comes around again. Shouldn't take too long, though, as that's their best seller, and they don't make the Kelly, Fusion, KV1, or Y2KV any more, so now the batches cycle between the SL1, SL2, RR1, WR1, and PC1.

Personally I'd get a refund from MF based on the fact they showed it in stock when it wasn't, and go somewhere else that DID have one in stock.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Either they'll wait till they get a new batch in, or if they sold the one they did have in stock to someone else, and there's a returned item, they'll ship that to you instead.

Never trust Musician's Friend... they're not really your friend you know...

You should buy from Matt... his link is above, for good reason.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I ordered a Takamine EG523SC from Musicians Friend, along with a hardshell case. I told them not to ship the case ahead of the guitar. The guitar was on backorder forever. I would call and push them for a date. Finally they said the guitar shipped. When the package arrived it was the case. I was pissed. The guitar was on back order for 4 months, so I called to cancel the order and return the case. They really aren't a very good company to deal with. there customer service really sucks. I will never buy another thing from them. I'm sure you can hear more unfavorable reviews as well from numerous people.
          1990 Jackson Professional
          1992 Dean ML
          2004 Epiphone Flying V
          2005 Epiphone Dot
          2009 Fender Stratocaster
          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
          2006 Fender P Bass
          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
          Custom Pedalboard
          ADA MP1
          ADA FX2
          Tascam 2488

Comment

I heard this a lot lately about ordering and have a little expirience too. I had to wait three months (!) for an import, because Fender had to reorganize the distribution in Europe. Dammit! BTW my DXMG came shipped in a Fender-box, while I thought that I could cut the Jacksonlogo out and glue it to my fridge.

Comment

they don't make the Kelly, Fusion, KV1, or Y2KV any more, so now the batches cycle between the SL1, SL2, RR1, WR1, and PC1
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They don't make Kellys anymore? Anyone know why?

Comment

No more Kellys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Did the guys from Jackson become crazy?
                What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

I ordered my SL2H in early April and still nothing. Mine is a lefty so it may not count the same as a righty for wait time. It's also lightnin sky, which from what I was told will be 1 of a kind. So far they havent made another lefty SL2H with that graphic.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Back For More:
                    They don't make Kellys anymore? Anyone know why?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Relax guys, the Kelly is still in Jackson's model lineup. Newc probably just made a mistake, and he also forgot some other current USA models in production like the KV2, etc. Check the web site or your local dealer.

Comment

Speaking of MF and the KE1 Marty Friedman model... I saw one on their site a year and a half ago. It was black, they had it listed for $999. I decided I wanted it and ordered it. Mind you, I knew Jackson had it discontinued not long before. Well, MF had it advertised on their site, so I place the order, get told it's on backorder. I wait for about two months, get told it's been discontinued and they won't be getting it in. I was like no sh1t, it's been discontinued for awhile, but why advertise on your site if you don't plan on getting it in?!? I figured they had a lead on a couple NOS somewhere, but sure enough they didn't have it in stock and never planned to have it in stock. They're just morons! After calling every couple weeks to find out, the only smart person they had working for them told me the truth and that I should cancel the order!!
                      I then cancel the order and decided I want a USA Fender Double Fat Strat Hardtail. I order that in Shoreline Gold, get told it will ship out in a day or so. Well, over a week goes by and I call to inquire about my order... I'm told that it's still in the warehouse and it will ship immediately. A week later I call again, oh it's still in the warehouse. A day later, sorry, it's not in stock! What?!? I was told it was in stock a couple weeks ago and didn't leave the warehouse... well, apparently the morons their can't take inventory correctly! So I cancel that color and decide I want it in Teal Green Metallic. I've got a MF credit card that I placed the order with, but they have to cancel the first order of the different color and place a new order for this one. Well, instead of dealing with their banking company and getting the first order taken off, they just bill my card again and my balance is now at over $1800, which is more than my card's $1500 limit. Those morons had me calling back and forth between them and the bank for awhile, trying to get the balance right, and I was ready to kill somebody!!! Uggggh, how many retards work at MF?!?? At least I got my guitar the next week.

Another time, I orderd a two-piece Pearl tom set for my drums. I tell them I want it in red, I get told red is on backorder. Fine, I tell them place the order and send it to me when it comes in. Well, a couple weeks goes by and I get it in the mail. I open the box and find out it's chrome and not red. I call up, they say oh, we have a note here you called us to cancel the red and wanted chrome. Umm, no, I never called at all and changed any order. I live alone, never got any call on my caller id or any message left on my answering machine from them about it, and I certainly never called to cancel or change anything. So I send it back, I finally get the right color a week or so later when it comes in.

Another time, I order a Sabine Phlanger pedal (half Phaser/half Flanger) which was a new product Sabine introduced. The pedal was advertised online and in their regular paper catalog. I wait for a couple months and get told it's no longer available. Well, apparently, Sabine only made a prototype and found the demand for the pedal wasn't there, so they never put it into production. How can MF advertise something they don't have and will never get?!? Uggggggh!!!!!!!
                      [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Same **** for me for a RR1, but not from MF. They're saying its a "custom guitar ordered just for you and will take -about a month- to get to us from Jackson".... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ? Do these ppl not know what they are talking about? Or are USA selects still considered as "custom ordered"? All it is is a RR1 w/ lightning.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

If that had of happened to me, they wouldn't a second opportunity. Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on ME! I would never deal with them, heard wayyy too many problems.

Comment

I think he meant no more KE1's. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

well im gettin a RR1 its white with black pins and they said they dont usually get the paint job of RR1s in so it will be a custom oreder for MF

Comment

Working...
                              X