Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheesh! Someone really wanted this neck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheesh! Someone really wanted this neck!

Nice work there Word! I couldn't even get 2 bills for a never drilled/never mounted NOS Jackson USA neck with an ebony board.

Re: Sheesh! Someone really wanted this neck!

Well, it definitely is a nice neck. Probably one of the last years that the imports came with real MOP inlays, and people seem to go crazy for figured necks. That is a pretty amazing flame.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's from a '95 Dinky Reverse.

But, geez.. didn't I pay you something like 200 bucks for the guitar, Joe?! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Ya snooze ya lose! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't get why peeps start the description with "What I have for auction here is a..."
        or
        "Up for auction is a ...."

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Yes, we KNOW you have it up for auction! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We know you have it...etc etc

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
          Yeah, it's from a '95 Dinky Reverse.

But, geez.. didn't I pay you something like 200 bucks for the guitar, Joe?! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Ya snooze ya lose! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You paid like $260 or $280 for it, from what I remember. I paid $350 for it off ebay, but it had EMG 85/60 pups in it which are now in my string-thru Dinky. I didn't snooze, just didn't play it as much as some others, and gave you a good deal with the case. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 23, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sheesh! Someone really wanted this neck!

I listed a Jackson Dinky Reverse neck on E Bay with a starting price of $19.99, and the ending price was $237.50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

The body went for $76.00, which wasn't bad at all considering how much I sold the neck for!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

I also have a few other items on there.. and the neck plate is at 31 bucks. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy crap! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I can't believe someone bid that much for an import neck and a lot less for the body. Good for you! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I should have ebayed it instead of selling it cheap to you! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                I don't get why peeps start the description with "What I have for auction here is a..."
                or
                "Up for auction is a ...."

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Yes, we KNOW you have it up for auction! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We know you have it...etc etc

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude.. shh.. I'm trying to sound professional. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Joe - I know, I'm just messing around. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Word, how much did the J580LP sell for?

Comment

John.. the JT-580 went for about 61 bucks.

Thanks Spidey! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Definatley part it out.. from what I've seen you get more money for it if you part it out.. which is why I did it.. but I seriously did not expect it to go this high! I was expecting a 100 bucks at the highest.. but geez! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Definatly cool that you got that kinda cash, sorta sad that the guitar had to be broken up though.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's crazy! Congrats, Word.

That's it. If I ever sell my DR3, I'm disassembling it and selling off the pieces individually.

Comment

I can't believe the neck went for so much without binding.....

So, whacha gonna do with your cash there Word? Back to Ebay? lol
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

lol.. I have a few things on my mind.

I'm either going to get a new computer or an Ibanez Universe.

I'm not done selling stuff quite yet, I still need to sell an Ovation acoustic and my Boss DR-5 Drum Machine.

But, overall I made 500 and somethin' dollars for all the parts(neck, body, pickups, floyd, and neck plate).

Word is happy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If I can find a Jackson KV-2 in black, that'd be nice too.. I've had a lust for those lately..

Comment

Working...
                              X