I want to Switch pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to Switch pickups

Hey im know that my english suck (im from Israel) so sorry.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have Jackson RX10D and i want to put pickups that good for Black/death/thrash and for rich and warm sound in solos.. I use the RR specially for this cause i have Gibson Flying V 67' for the rest styles.. what u dudes think about Seymour Duncen JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck? (like in the RR1) its wierd cause they not need to be good for blues and stuff and not for metal?? So.. Please help me to desice about pickups.. BUT NOT ACTIVE! And the clean dosnt matters to me.. Thanx Alot!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: I want to Switch pickups

The JB is a good pickup, but has a little too much mid range for me. The JB sounds good when mixed with a mellow neck pickup. I prefer the DiMarzio Super Distortion for the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF for the neck position.

Sprinter 36

Comment

The JB, which stands for "Jazzy Blues" will be very similar to your Gibson Flying V's bridge pickup in tone and output. If you want to go with Duncan pickups, the Distortion, Invader, and Custom are very nice for hard rock and metal, and whatever else you mentioned liking. If you want to go with Dimarzio pickups, the Super Distortion as mentioned above is a good one, and so are the X2N and Megadrive models. The Lawrence XL500 is another good pickup for that style music. But the JB will work well for metal, I just think it will be too similar to what's in your Gibby.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
        The JB, which stands for "Jazzy Blues"
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummm... You are just pullin his leg right?!?? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

C'mon.. you should know this... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Try again..

JB stands for.... JEFF BECK!!!!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Now since you failed Rock 101 [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Go put on the dummy hat and stand in the corner. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maveth,

If you're not too bothered about he clean sound then i would consider the Duncan Distortion. The JB is an ace Pick-up but the DD is a bit heavier and warmer sounding, nice for Death and Thrash [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

Go here and see for yourself:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...ard/hummer.htm

Steve

Comment

So u say The JB good for Metal or i better buy dimarzio? (Im afraid the Invader to expensive)

Comment

I think ill buy the JB.. If its good for Alexi its good for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Maybe now he with the HZ but i give him a week to put the good old Duncan [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by charvel750:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummm... You are just pullin his leg right?!?? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Try again..

Go put on the dummy hat and stand in the corner. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you’re being sarcastic because charvel750 is right.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by charvel750:

Try again..

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually....joe is right.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If thats the case then I'LL put on the dummy hat.

I've been searching for a reference.. all I keep coming up with is "Jeff Beck"

Looking through a catalogue here.. got it in front of me. "Seymour Duncan JB4" Jeff Beck model.

For years I've heard the JB associated with Jeff Beck.

Perhaps then "Jeff Beck" is an "un-official" name.. although I've heard it alot, in print, on the net, in music stores.

Never heard "Jazzy Blues"..

But if Joes is right, and he usually is.. then I appologise. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

y'know what, i thought it was jeff beck for years, and i just recently learned it wasn't from some site... i forget which one. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It was originally named for Jeff Beck, because he was one of the first users of the pickup. I don't know why some people now call if Jazzy Blues. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I mean, think about it... that pickup is the farthest thing from a Jazz/Blues sound as you can get. Its sound is heavy on the treble and high mids. Jazz and Blues are more associated with darker, more low mids and bassy sounds. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually its tonal characteristics would make it ideal for Jazz and Chicago Blues (not Delta Blues), as those are the typical tonal characteristics of horns, which most often get lead duties in Jazz and Northern Blues.
                            However, I'd like to hear a JB in a true Jazz guitar like an Epiphone Sheraton, Emperor, or Gibson ES-335, which most often get rhythm duties in those bands.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, remember, Duncan didn't get Jeff Beck on board as an endorser, so he can't call it a Jeff Beck pickup. So he just calls it a JB, and a Jazzy/Blues when someone asks what it means. Just like his Eddie Van Halen pickup, the EVH, which he says means Evenly Voiced Harmonics.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X