I love Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Jackson

But, I seem to have a Jackson guitar that I just cant stand. Between the EMGs and the FAT ASS BASEBALL BAT neck, I just loath it. Has anyone else had a J/C that they just absolutely lamented?? I love Jackson and almost every guitar Ive had that was a Jackson had something going for it but this one I just plain flat hate.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I can't stand dinky body style guitars in general.. can't play them. Owned 2 in my life, a immaculate trans red SL3 and a trans red DR7 but just had to sell them because I can't get comfortable playing them. I would love to go out and buy a nice Charvel but can't do it due to their body style.. I'd just sell it in a matter of months of it sitting due to it being uncomfortable to play.

I don't know if this is the same type scenario or not
    Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
    http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Its the neck on this model for me. The body is fanspankintastic. Whats funny is I have the string through model of this guitar as well and the neck is so much thinner, theres no comparison.

Comment

I've been saying it for years: while Jackson makes a superior product, there's always dogs out there. I had a Charvel 750 that no matter what pickups I tried, no matter which amp I used, or which effects, it was a tone dog. Played great, no problems there. But the sound, just blah. I had a few USA Soloists like that too. And I've had a couple of genuine Customs that way. There's just dogs out there, but mostly you'll find a killer tone in a Jackson. What model are you talking about?
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Dkmg

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            I've been saying it for years: while Jackson makes a superior product, there's always dogs out there. I had a Charvel 750 that no matter what pickups I tried, no matter which amp I used, or which effects, it was a tone dog. Played great, no problems there. But the sound, just blah. I had a few USA Soloists like that too. And I've had a couple of genuine Customs that way. There's just dogs out there, but mostly you'll find a killer tone in a Jackson. What model are you talking about?
            Finding the right pickups for the right guitar isn't always an easy job. One of my WR1's has been through so many pup swaps, I think I'll end up trading it for a Soloist. Time isn't on my hands. I need months to program my MFX from scratch to get the sound I want. That said, the tonal differences on the preamps between the GT-6 I used to own and the GT-10 I have now is very subtle and detrimental, hence I'm contemplating getting a GT-6 again, and keep the GT-10 as a possible means of using it for another guitar that might suite it.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sure. I really never bonded with my bikini beach Fusion. Loved everything but the scale, the sound, the recessed trem, the pickups and the body shape.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

DKMG is my least favorite Jackson and I have had a few.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I love my DKMGT though.

Comment

I love my DKMGT though.
                    DAMMIT that's what I problem with the DKMG I had is! I have a older T model that I flipped loved the neck, played one at samash to test an amp loved it, bought a DKMG with the trem and just sold it. I'll have to go check out if that's my problem with them too!

Comment

I had a USA Stratbody. Fabulous neck and it sounded absolutely huge - a real animal. But the thing would not stay in tune, and I could never get it to intonate properly. I kinda miss it, but I know it would have me tearing my hair out after a couple of days!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Can you give a description of the 750XL, so that we can watch out for it?

Comment

Yeah, my DK1. It's not a good-sounding guitar, and not just because of the EMG's, it sounds crappy acoustically, too. It's a tone dog, it's not something you cure with different pickups, it's something you mask with different pickups, but, eh, I'm not hassling with that.

Also my PC1 that I had. The neck was too thick for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Can you give a description of the 750XL, so that we can watch out for it?
                            Yeah, remember that one?
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

YES...
                              I want to love my SL2H, but the neck is fat and I find it to be real bright sounding.
                              I do like to play it, I love feel and action of the fretboard, love the body shape, but because of the neck and tone, it's not always my first choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X