I love Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
    Yeah, my DK1. It's not a good-sounding guitar, and not just because of the EMG's, it sounds crappy acoustically, too. It's a tone dog, it's not something you cure with different pickups, it's something you mask with different pickups, but, eh, I'm not hassling with that.
    doesn't sound like you could get very much for it. How much are you willing to let it go for?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

What is one man's tone dog is another man's Holy Grail...I always thought Clapton's tone in the early days with his Gibson humbucker equipped guitars was full and warm. When he switched to Strats I believe he lost a lot of that fatness and warmth. Obviously he doesn't think so.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I enjoyed playing with the Sustainer PUP on the trans black PS1 i had, but damn...Phil loves those 50's Gibson baseball bat necks! I dont...sold it

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          doesn't sound like you could get very much for it. How much are you willing to let it go for?
          Already gone, buddy. I don't fuck around. But seriously I had a hit on it here (indirectly) and decided to spare the guy the heartache. It will show up on Guitar Center's used web site before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            What is one man's tone dog is another man's Holy Grail...
            This is very true.

Comment

Yeah that 750XL Joes talking about was a major tone dog, I owned it as well. Come to find out after some sanding that its basswood with a maple cap, not the advertised mahogany... and about 2mm thick finish. No wonder!

As far as necks go, my least favorite are the newer DKMG's and DK2M's... just too chunky feeling for me. I have an older DKMG neck and that thing is SWEET... but the newer ones blow.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Yeah that 750XL Joes talking about was a major tone dog, I owned it as well. Come to find out after some sanding that its basswood with a maple cap, not the advertised mahogany... and about 2mm thick finish. No wonder!
                So... I wonder whose Holy Grail of tone that one was? :think:

Nah, I hear ya, everyone's got different tastes. If anyone wants a Holy Grail of a DK1, like I said, keep an eye on used.guitarcenter.com - they'll probably want around $1400, though, so what I would call "crap tone" definitely comes at a high price.
                Last edited by MakeAJazzNoiseHere; 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X