Is it me or...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or...?

Is it me or have you guys ever picked up a guitar and isntantly just felt that it was a quality instrument?
    I have a 90s pro soloist that I play primarily now but every once in a while I pickup my post-fender USA SL2H soloist and there's this feeling of "" I always get. Despite the fact that my 93' pro plays better.
    Is it the wieght? Or some special way the paint feels? Or is it just that "mojo" that makes it a USA Jackson? I don't know but you guys ever experience this?

Yep. Every time I pick up my Nebula WR1. For some reason it just feels better than the other two WR1's I own :think:.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I totally need new frets on my Predator, but it's still my favorite to play. It just fits my hands perfectly.
      Scott

Comment

Just the very fact i payed $1600 for the SL2HT gives me the chills everytime I play it. Then I convince myself I have a fever coming and put it back in its case. This happens once or so every few months.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
          Is it me or have you guys ever picked up a guitar and isntantly just felt that it was a quality instrument?
          I have a 90s pro soloist that I play primarily now but every once in a while I pickup my post-fender USA SL2H soloist and there's this feeling of "" I always get. Despite the fact that my 93' pro plays better.
          Is it the wieght? Or some special way the paint feels? Or is it just that "mojo" that makes it a USA Jackson? I don't know but you guys ever experience this?

Nope. Pretty sure it's just you...

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Whenever I pickup my JS30RR the quality makes me want to puke, but I still play it anyway because I love the rhoads shape, does that count?
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Whenever I pick up my Socal I feel it, it's tough as a tank.
              Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Just the very fact i payed $1600 for the SL2HT gives me the chills everytime I play it. Then I convince myself I have a fever coming and put it back in its case. This happens once or so every few months.
                If the monetary value of an ax were the cause of chills, I'd be going into a deep freeze everytime I picked up my $4000 Custom Shop Les Paul Axcess. But I've always acquired guitars to play them, not keep them in their cases. For my chills, I'll be reaching for my Custom Shop Star when it gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                  If the monetary value of an ax were the cause of chills, I'd be going into a deep freeze everytime I picked up my $4000 Custom Shop Les Paul Axcess. But I've always acquired guitars to play them, not keep them in their cases. For my chills, I'll be reaching for my Custom Shop Star when it gets here.
                  If I had a $4K guitar, everytime I pick it up, I'd get chest-pains, convince myself I'm getting a heartattack and put it back in its case.
                  Sam

Comment

I thought the LP Axcess was only $3500? I got mine "used" for $2100...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      I thought the LP Axcess was only $3500? I got mine "used" for $2100...
                      Did it have a big 2 stamped on the fretboard?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My DK1 gives me that feeling....every time.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Life's too short for shitty guitars.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Did it have a big 2 stamped on the fretboard?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
                            No, Ron. I only sell seconds, not buy 'em. But seriously, Gibson doesn't even let seconds out of the shop, they are literally cut to pieces and discarded if they get cosmetic flaws in this day and age.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                              No, Ron. I only sell seconds, not buy 'em. But seriously, Gibson doesn't even let seconds out of the shop, they are literally cut to pieces and discarded if they get cosmetic flaws in this day and age.
                              They cut one guitar up. Film the act and loop the tape. Others think they're really destroying all guitars. And then they sell them as VOS.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X