• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Life's too short for shitty guitars.
    +1 Hear that, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      I thought the LP Axcess was only $3500? I got mine "used" for $2100...
      They prolly are 3500. And to be honest, mine was 3875 and change but this was one of only 3 ever made in the "Firetiger" finish. Funny thing was, I recently saw one of her two other siblings on TGP with mods for 3700.

Comment

Shit, all you people are paying too much.

I got my Access for $2099.99 and my Bengal SL2HT for $1599.99

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Shit, all you people are paying too much.

I got my Access for $2099.99 and my Bengal SL2HT for $1599.99
          Seriously, I just picked up a new CR8 for $3015 At the Nashville Sam Ash right after the floods last month. I had 4 LPs and thought I was done, but as soon as I saw it and strummed it I knew it was going home with me. It's tone reminds me of a Murphy R9 I tried years earlier that was a great LP, but the neck was just too fat. The notes just seem to jump out, the sustain is awesome. Much different than my other LPs.

I've played chambered Standard USA models but they didn't sound as alive as this one. Also, there is one other CR8 at that Sam Ash but although it sounded good, it didn't sound as good as this one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Seriously, I just picked up a new CR8 for $3015 At the Nashville Sam Ash right after the floods last month. I had 4 LPs and thought I was done, but as soon as I saw it and strummed it I knew it was going home with me. It's tone reminds me of a Murphy R9 I tried years earlier that was a great LP, but the neck was just too fat. The notes just seem to jump out, the sustain is awesome. Much different than my other LPs.

I've played chambered Standard USA models but they didn't sound as alive as this one. Also, there is one other CR8 at that Sam Ash but although it sounded good, it didn't sound as good as this one to me.
            Photos?
            And yes, I may have paid too much but GAS mania knows no boundries.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              Photos?
              And yes, I may have paid too much but GAS mania knows no boundries.
              Man, that is no joke.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

All my guitars...and they're all USA made (except one...and that one might feel even more substantial than my USA guitars). There's something about things made in the good 'ol US of A...sometimes you can't put a finger on it...it's just the way they're made...the quality of materials...the fact that they're usually hand made (at least to a certain extent)...Same thing goes for my Harley...USA made, and it is just in a different league than the Japanese knock offs (I've had two of them, and I had no emotional attachment to those bikes). My Harley is my pride and joy..will never get rid of it.

As far as my favorite all around guitar goes...(and I know...this is a Jackson/Charvel forum)...but I picked up a PRS CE22 a couple years ago...and it literally sparked my interest in playing electrics again. I was playing acoustics almost exclusively for the last 10 years before that...maybe plugging in once every couple months. Then one day...couple days after Christmas...with a little extra dough in my pocket, I said...f**k it....I'm gonna get a new guitar. My PRS has a beautiful tortoise shell top...bolt on (which I don't think they make anymore...at least not the CE models)...it's a USA made guitar...the Dragon Pickups just sing...it's just my best playing guitar. The neck is actually fatter and wider than what I would normally play...but for some reason, it's just perfect.

So while I love my PC1...the two Pro-Mod Charvels are just fantastic....I got a great deal on an American Deluxe Strat...which is an amazing instrument...and of course a Les Paul Standard, which goes without saying there's a level of quality there. But at the end of the day, if somebody told me I could only keep one, it would be that PRS.
                Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                  Photos?
                  I'd say use a search but it's useless.

I still haven't gotten a picture that captures what it really looks like yet...

Comment

Sure whenever i pick up my GMW Empire..(superstrat) its like a CAD machine matched it to my body...perfect in every way. My HRF Charvel is close...
                    but no cigar!

Comment

Working...
                    X