A Tale of 2 Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of 2 Jacksons

Interesting article / blog about the difference between USA & Sam Ash Soloists:

The hair band style of music made popular in the 1980s generally requires guitars called super-Strats. These are guitars shaped like Fender Stratocasters that have been hot-rodded in any number of interesting ways. Usually they include at least one humbucking pickup in the bridge position, and are often adorned with neon colors or flashy designs. …

Apologies if this has been posted already...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Sorry... I got bored about two paragraphs in.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

that article just reminded me - anyone know where you can get the switch tips you find on US Jacksons? I'd like to get me some
      Hail yesterday

Comment

The article was pretty boring but the flame-top on the USA jackson! WOW It BLEW away the import soloist's top. The USA flame-top looked much more organic

Comment

Well, as much as he likes the Sam Ass Soloist, imagine if he would have had the first generation Soloist Pro AT!
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Snoozz...... What a horible blog. I agree with Acesofbelkan the flame top on the USA Kicks Butt! However, anyone know if the archtop design is limited to imports or is this guy just comparing the two he has?
            I would rather have a broken heart than broken fingers!

Comment

he is only comparing the two that he has. There have been other ATs, including US ones
              Hail yesterday

Comment

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. Both my Jacksons are early 90s and I must say that they are as good as todays USA made. In fact the pups sound better than whats in the new inports. They are also far better quality than most anything at GC(Guitar Center). Anyway, this guy should have gotten a paper route or something and bought The USA back in the day.
                I would rather have a broken heart than broken fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  Well, as much as he likes the Sam Ass Soloist, imagine if he would have had the first generation Soloist Pro AT!
                  Someone should send him the link to this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                  before it gets snapped up. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet.
                  I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    that article just reminded me - anyone know where you can get the switch tips you find on US Jacksons? I'd like to get me some
                    I got one from ordered via my local guitar shop. Can't remember if it came from Fender or Allparts.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hey guys. I'm the writer of said boring article, and I have to say that most of your criticism... is dead on.

In my defense I had a tooth extracted the day I posted that, and all I can say is that Percocet is a Hell of a drug. Those first few paragraphs should have never made it through the editing process.

I'll edit out the first couple of paragraphs since they really have nothing to do with the article. Other than my rambling and boring history lesson about the 80s, did you find the rest of the article at least informative? Is there anything you would have preferred to see in such an article?

Thanks.

Oh, and is there a source anywhere for Jackson hardware? I'd love to replace the chrome with black on the USA Jackson.
                      Last edited by GADify; 06-25-2010, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Dave is great guy and is a member here. You can get quite a bit of Jackson hardware from him.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Welcome GADify! I was wondering if you were a member here, or if not, why not?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Welcome GADify! I was wondering if you were a member here, or if not, why not?
                            I actually signed up a few days before I write my drug-induced article. Just got the admin approval yesterday.

This is a bad place for me. Too many hot custom Jacksons, and it would seem that I want each one of them.

Comment

I haven't found a good replacement for the switch tip yet. Dave needs to start making those.

That and un-plated (naked brass) dome knobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X