Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live chat with Grover Jackson

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...d.php?t=193982

SDForum is having Grover Jackson for their Guest Luthier series on the 30th. Be there or be....somewhere else

So far the Mustaine and Yngwie chat sessions were a giant clusterfu*k, but the Mike Eldred thing went well
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

should be cool
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Can somebody post a link to this (Vault or whatever). I caught the first couple minutes only...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Click on Newc's link, then click the link on the Duncan Forum.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

or click here

Comment

Nothing interesting there. I couldn't get to a PC at the time unfortunately...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Could the guy have said ANYTHING less????

What a waste of time. Why even do something like this if you have absolutely nothing to say??

So much stuff he could have shared and....pfffft...nothing but non-sequiters and platitudes.

FAIL>
              Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Yeah...I wasted my time reading through all of that last night. I respect Grover for what he's done, but that was simply a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                  Could the guy have said ANYTHING less????
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Well, now you know why he doesn't do interviews out the ass like other guys do

Think about it, how long was he actually a physical part of the Jackson brand? IMC bought him out in what, 86? 85? From 1980 till then he was the brand. 5, 6 years at most? What else would he say about the company other than what everyone already knows - Rhoads was the impetus, it ended for him when IMC wanted to make Charvel the import/bolt-on brand and Jackson the USA/neckthrough brand, and FMIC brought him in for the Legacy series and some small runs as a token figure with no direct business decisions. Some people just aren't chatty, and I see no problem with it.

What I did find cool was that the JCF link was in his sig.

I had to go in to work early for CPR training, so of course I missed it. I would have loved to get his opinion of/reaction to the Halford, or the WarAngel
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Grover now works for Rickenbacker and he appears in a few of the videos in this series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1t2x...layer_embedded#!
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Nice. I wonder what the interview was like when they got around to asking about the sharkfin inlays

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Nice. I wonder what the interview was like when they got around to asking about the sharkfin inlays
                          look on the wall of guitars you'll see fin style inlays dating back before Grover made his first guitar
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                          X