Jackson pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickups

Can someone tell me where to find info on Jackson pickups as to what models do what, as I want to try out a few, is there a thread somewhere? Thanks.

I'd like to here this too. I want to find out more about the Jackson blade humbuckers, I see them in guitars and dunno if they're any good. Definitely wanna give them a try.

Comment

I don't think there is a thread or database on them. The old charvel catalogs say some of the stats but the newer ones (ones that you wouldn't really want anyway don't have any info on). What are you looking for someone might be able to tell you ones to try. I'll say right off the bat you should buy a j90c.

Comment

There's been a posted copy of the Jackson Electronics manual that details them all. Basically,

J50 = PAF style wind
        J80 = Duncan Custom / Super Distortion wind
        J90 = JB / Duncan Distortion wind

The others (J95,...) I'm not sure of.

No letter or an 'N' at the end (J50N) = Alnico (I assume Alnico V) magnet.
        'C' at the end of the name (J90C) = Ceramic magnet.

Singles:

J100 = regular strat single
        J200 = Stacked humbucking single
        J200R = Rails

Comment

Hey Don, I see some of the Jackson Blade Humbuckers going around and I do love myself a good blade humbucker. Do you know anythign about those?

Comment

Cool now were getting somewere, I have a J-95 that also has a "5A" sticker on it too??

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              No letter or an 'N' at the end (J50N) = Alnico (I assume Alnico V) magnet.
              I thought the N stood for neck. I thought there was a regular J50 for the bridge and J50N was neck.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I thought the N stood for neck. I thought there was a regular J50 for the bridge and J50N was neck.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  Hey Don, I see some of the Jackson Blade Humbuckers going around and I do love myself a good blade humbucker. Do you know anythign about those?
                  Sorry, the book that I read about these didn't have that pickup at the time. I think that's the J95, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Yeah, I think so. The N being a lower output wind?

But both would have an Alnico magnet so I'm still right

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                      Their "OK" not as good as say a bill and becky
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by oakfloor View Post
                        Cool now were getting somewere, I have a J-95 that also has a "5A" sticker on it too??
                        Came out of a model 5A? I have a set of J80's with the same sticker, I always thought it was a reference to the guitar it was fitted in (like a factory broadcast).

Comment

The Jackson Blade pickup is a J-85. I agree with Mr. Lawson. It was an okay pickup IMO but not great.

Comment

i don't know if this will help, but i can give you my thoughts on the jackson pickups that have been mentioned here. first let me say, my favorites are the j-90c. i had 2 of the j-95's and i didn't care for them. a little too warm for me, not enough treble response, borderline mushy. the j-95 was kinda like a j-50 with more output. next, i too think the "n" stands for neck model. and last, i haven't played a jackson blade model i liked either. too much treble, not enough mid for my taste. as for the tech notes comparing them to duncans, i would say the j-90c is closer to a duncan distortion, but with a slightly better mid response.

just my thoughts...

peace....
                            i will drink no wine before it's time......it's time!!!

Comment

The 5A may be Alnico 5. Not sure why they'd put what model it goes in. Stranger things have happened, but I'm pretty sure it's Alnico 5. The others probably all do have A5s in them, but some of the lower output models (necks) may have had A2s.

Wish someone made a box that you put a magnet in and it tells you if it's an A2, 3, 4, 5 or 8 or ceramic and what grade.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X