No announcement yet.

Upgrade time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to go the Charvel route, you pretty much described a 1986 Model 5. Dual-hum, Kahler, strat shape. Even better it's a neckthru and well within your price range.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Originally posted by specialk View Post
      Thats what I figured. They try to be so sneaky!!! I feel sorry for the people who dont know any better.
      A Sam Ash has a used DXMG (which I think you have) listed as a used DKMG, with the higher DKMG price tag (more than you can buy a new DXMG for at GC). I showed them one has an archtop and real EMGs, but it goes in one ear and out the other. They have a room of used guitars that sit and sit and sit....The last time I visited, they had all of the used guitars in the front walkway like to say "hey, look at these great bargains". Yeah right.

Did the guitar you see have a reverse headstock with binding and sharkies? About the most common Jackson with EMGhz's is the DXMG.

Comment

Yes, it did have a reverse headstock and sharkies. I figure it probably was a DXMG. Nothing against it, but thinking maybe one up from that. Fixing to check into the Charvel mentioned above. I happen to like the Kahler bridge on my Carvin bass. Maybe I can find a Charvel with locking nut?

Comment

Working...
        X