Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice read. A thread from the rig-talk forums about Charvel/Jackson/EVH custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice read. A thread from the rig-talk forums about Charvel/Jackson/EVH custom shop

As most of you know, my store is a dealer for the now discontinued Charvel USA production series guitars. My sales rep has been talking to me about becoming a custom shop dealer and I have been strongly leaning towards that for a few months. I've been playing Charvels since 1984 and have owned...
    Sam

Definitely worth the read. I'm surprised Fender let them stay the same way as they were back in the day. Very cool indeed. Gives me more faith in ordering my own custom shop someday or even just a standard USA King V, Soloist, or whatever.

Comment

Chubtone posted that here yesterday:

Last edited by dg; 06-29-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

^ That link leads to a 'Internal server error'. I made sure to look at all the threads...hmm, I blame it on the Beer! Anyways, that story is worth 2 reads.
        Sam

Comment

Link should be working now. Sorry about that!

Comment

First of all, that Chubtone guy is a knob! I posted this story on the JCForums yesterday in the USA Charvels section that you can read at the link dg gave.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	file.php?avatar=1612_1233444928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2444918
              "Already posted, dude!"
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I picked up some nasty "AV Protection Suite" spyware when I clicked the link. Be careful.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                  I picked up some nasty "AV Protection Suite" spyware when I clicked the link. Be careful.
                  On the link to the Rig- Talk forum? That's bizarre. It's a legit and very cool gear forum.

Comment

Which link? the one that I posted?
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                      Get the free version of MBAM, update it and then run a full scan. That should take care of it.

Download free antivirus: easy install for all devices. Remove unwanted malware like viruses, ransomware, spyware & more.

Comment

Interesting article, guess that explains the slow turnaround time for CS guitars. I'm certainly impressed by the fact that Fender allows the old school production methods, with the guys that have always built the guitars. I'm not particularly anti-machine or pro-handmade, but if it works, it works. Cheers to Fender for recognizing that fact, and not messing it up.

Comment

WWW.Malwarebytes.org. has rescued my my ass on several occasions. It often finds stuff my antiVirus software missed.

Comment

Oh, I got rid of it with MalwareBytes, but not without quite a battle. Had to load it from a CD (burned on another PC) and install updates that way. Nothing I haven't seen before at work, but rotten at home.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X