Can't stop with the mutt guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stop with the mutt guitars

Ever have a pile of parts and get the urge to slap one together just for shits and giggles?
    Model 2 Charvel neck I have had laying here for 10+years.Found a Kahler string lock and Jackson tuners in my parts stash I forgot I had.Old brass Schecter neck plate.
    Jackson dual rail pick up and a chrome Floyd to finish it off.
    The body I got off the rig talk web site its an 89 USA Ontario with an after market paint job.
    This is one that just went together too easy no glitches, plays like a dream and sounds freakin unreal.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Un plugged it rings like a bell very loud acoustically.
    Going to find a Maple/maple pointy neck eventually but for now its something different to play.

Comment

that's pretty sweet. What's the bound-body beasty behind it?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool, looks like a jackson strat body? That bengal tomato-burst is kinda wacky...

Comment

Yeah, I love stuff like that. Awesome!

Comment

Axe that is a great name for the paint you have just named this guitar.
            Its a USA super strat body but with the 89 ish top mount with an up pull trem route.
            VG the bound bodied guitar is supposed to be a Jay Black guitar.
            Mahogony with a flame maple cap 2 old Duncan 59's and Duncan single,Rockinger trem.All the age and player wear is the real deal its had the shit played out of it but sounds like a million bucks.

Comment

Very cool mutt!

Comment

very cool....love the colors
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The bengal has a great early Lynch flavour to it .. awesome guitar.. and looks kida cool with the single coils missing.

Gives it a badass attitude!
                  www.vendetta-theband.com
                  www.atomhawk.com

Comment

I love the model series necks. Nice one.

Comment

I'm really diggin this one a lot it just keeps getting better.
                      Nice open woody flavor tone wise.Extremely resonant and the Jackson dual rail pickup is perfect in this guitar.I never liked this pick up in any guitar I tried it in but kept it for some reason and glad I did.
                      Dropped it at a jam(strap broke) and broke the tip off the headstock picked it up and kept on playing still in tune too.
                      Glued the tip back on so it got its first battle scar!!

Comment

Working...
                      X