je1200 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• je1200 wiring

Anyone know about wiring the je midboost with EMGs?
    Since the midboost sucks a 9v directly, I am definitely thinking a 2 battery system here. EMG.com doesnt have a diagram for 3 toggles 1v,1t & one accessory so I am at a bit of a loss. The current circuit is pretty simple... but with the boost attached to the master volume and then wired to a volume pot of its own im a bit confused as to where the emgs would come in. Its all crammed in a model 6 by the way.

Re: je1200 wiring

er and i do have the je1200 wiring diagram, so its more a question about the EMGs, since EMG acessories are attached to their own pot and wired to the volume as opposed to the backwards jackson design...

Comment

Your modification described above is one I have performed many times with excellent results. A lot of people think you cannot mix active EMGs with the Jackson active circuits. This is just not so. You most certainly can. Take a look at the active circuit board and find where the red battery wire is connected to it. This is the power source for the active electronics, and you can run the EMG's with the circuit all powered off of a single battery. No drop out, no frequency loss, it's full power that way. Now, you have several options here. I prefer to wire a jumper to the red battery wire right at the circuit board. This jumper will feed the EMG's. You must be careful not to apply too much heat to the board, you can destroy it. So, you may prefer to use wire cutters and cut the red battery wire and connect the EMG's that way. Ground the EMG's to the back of the tone or active boost pot. Run the EMG hot wires to the mini switches where the original Jacksons were. Boom, that's it.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you DO NOT need to remove the original pots! Don't do that. Leave 'em in. EMG's alone will need 25 K ohm pots, but with the Jackson circuit, it's fine. So leave the volume/circuit pot, the tone pot, and the boost pot as is.

Comment

HERE ya go... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks charvel750, 2 batteries would be a mess. now if only i had the emg sa's with the clipon wire instead of the 'only fits strats' middle wire i would be all set. damnit.

Comment

Doc's pic there was photographed by yours truly! Just for the record. You can indeed install the EMG's with the older "out through the center" wiring. You'll have to cut out the interior of the pickup cavities. I did this successfully on quite a number of USA Jacksons and Charvels. With a dremel or similar tool, carefully cut into the center section of the route just enough to create a flanged lip. Then insert the pickup and see if you can get it to fit. If not, cut away some more. Remember to cut inside the route cause if you do, once the pickup is installed, you'll never see the mod...

Comment

Very nice description of the whole process Joe!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You're all quite welcome, gentlemen! I just performed this work on an "Art Deco" Fusion. It's got a pair of white EMG-SA's in the neck and mid with a white Duncan Distortion at the bridge. Blazing tone, full of expression and clarity.

Comment

Working...
                  X