Sam Ash dropping Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acesofbelkan View Post
    hmm I wonder which nyc Sam Ash you've been to...I was at the Sam Ash thats on 40-something street just 2 days ago and the inventory hasnt changed much from the last time I was there which was like 2-3 months ago.

2 days ago they had an assortment of Promod Charvel's, 2 Jacksons(a USA King V signed by Dave for 3grand and a japanese rhoads neckthru). A lot of Ibanez and LTD's. The amp selection wasn't very good at all.

Other than those 2 jacksons I didn't see any other. This Sam Ash also spread into multple stores on that one street. They took over Manny's music store that's been there since like early 1930s.

Sam Ash DEFINITELY has a better selection than guitarcenter by far. But where the hell are the Jackson's??
    Nah..I was there about 6 months ago...so you've been there much more recently. I won't go so far as to say there was limitless options - regarding Jacksons (or any other premium brands/USA models)...but at least there were some..including the PC-1 I mentioned. At least they carry a few...the satellite stores don't carry any. I will say though....when I was there, there were a lot of ESPs...not now?
    Todd M

Comment

Not ESPs but a hell of a lot of LTD's.

Comment

The last time I saw a wall of Jackson guitars in a store was at Musician's Friends. Then they turned into Guitar Center and started stocking mostly junk.

Comment

looks like im not going to sams ass anymore

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
            In all honesty, were any of you gonna buy a Jackson at Sam Ash anyway unless it was at an insane blowout price? Its like when people were crying about the Camaro being discontinued in 2003. Then when asked if they'd have bought a 2003, people went "hell no I'm buying a Camry!"
            +++++1. I haven't bought a guitar from GC or Sam Ash EVER. Never will. WTF would I? Excellent service? Great prices? Friendly, knowledgable sales people? HA! Fuck it, I can usually get the Jackson or Charvel I want online or from a fellow forum member at more reasonable prices. And I don't take my axes to anyone but a select few luthiers for work. Fuck Sam Ash and GC.

Comment

'Tis because the faggot posers now have budget schecter shite.
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                But I thought a "faggot" was a cigarette in the UK?

Comment

Yeah, cigarette posers, they're the guys who pose with their cigs!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

British guy in San Francisco: "Excuse me, do you know where I could find a fag?"

<hilarious conversation ensues>

Comment

I've got a couple of friends that are in managment with Sam Ash, so I go there for some things because I can usually get a discount, but I've never considered Sam Ash the destination for Jackson guitars. LTD maybe, Gibson, Fender and Ibeenhad definitely.
                      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Fender hasn't really seemed to change the pre-buyout marketing plan for Jackson. Under AMIC they didn't spend much on endorsers either, thinking their name brand was cachet enough. That was sound in the 80s when Randy Rhoads' name and several others like Mustaine impressed metalheads. Well the 90s kinda killed that. The only major American metal bands, Metallica played ESP and Pantera played Washburn.

But in the 2000s, even as metal began somewhat of a comeback, ESP and Ibanez with their widespread endorsements took up market share. I don't feel like FMIC really ever changed that aspect of marketing Jacksons and their market share has continued to decline, while ESP's sales of the LTD line increased and made them more influential.

So FMIC has just continued the laissez-faire approach that AMIC took. It's not really much skin off FMIC's ass if Jackson gradually fades away.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                            What's wrong with Schecters? They seem to get good reviews.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                              What's wrong with Schecters? They seem to get good reviews.
                              +1

Every Schecter I've played has been really solidly built and has a huge sound.
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                                Yep, every time I go to GC or Sam Ash, which isn't very often, I see fewer and fewer Jacksons and more and more junky cheap guitars.

I did go to the Sam Ash at Ontario Mills mall about a year ago (or less) and they had at least a dozen Charvel Pro Mods. They took up a whole wall section and it looked really cool.

The wall is full of Fender/Squier stuff now...there's ONE low end Jackson on the wall behind the counter.
                                I go there often.
                                Live Hard, Die Hard
                                Just don't forget to party once in awhile

Comment

Working...
                                X