No announcement yet.

Sam Ash dropping Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everyone can agree that even the cheaper guitars are better made these days than they were back in the 70s and 80s.
    There's nothing wrong with Schecter, LTD, JS Jacksons, etc etc. They're great for a kid just starting out...and what's really good for these kids is that they don't immediately have to upgrade to a top shelf instrument anymore. When I started playing, my first guitar was a real piece of shit...so it wasn't long before I begged my folks to buy me something else.

I get why Sam Ash/GC promote/advertise this stuff...why they take up so much room on the walls. But in all honesty...there's a lot of folks here that say they'd never shop here...where is it that you're seeing the actual top shelf instruments. God knows the little mom and pop shops don't stock them. The only other option is a larger music store, or an online store...and quite frankly, most (and I say most) are no different than Sam Ash and GC.

I've been to Sam Ash quite a bit recently...was at the NYC store last weekend, and I've been to both central Jersey shops a bunch of times too. I have to admit...Sam Ash is carrying more Jacksons...and to my surprise, quite a few Pro-Mod Charvels (which are selling by the way). GC doesn't carry Charvel at all, and if you want a Japanese Jackson, or especially a USA Jackson, forget about it. The only place you have a slight chance of seeing them is in the used section.

So I have to say...while I've found more of what I want at GC over the last couple years...I'm starting to shop at Sam Ash more lately.
    Todd M

Comment

Working...
    X