Tell me about the KVX10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the KVX10

I'm not yet part of the Jackson family, but I've always admired them and most of my aesthetic preferences are based on Jackson's style. I've been wanting to get an inexpensive King V, and the KVX10 looks reasonably priced. I would probably change out the pickups, so I'm not really concerned with them. How's the tremelo on these? I sometimes get wild with divebombs (I play thrash and death metal) so I need something that will stay in tune. If this trem isn't going to cut it, would the routing fit an OFR or Schaller FR?

What are some general opinions on the KVX10? Solid choice for my first Jackson?

Hey DE, welcome.

Definitely a solid choice, however most KVX10 are string through (IOW, no tremelo). It's only recently that they have the JT-580 trem. Made in Japan except for the first year (2001) so avoid those. From 2002 to 2006 or so they had alder bodies, after that they were basswood.

I bought my black 2004 KVX10 new (GC employee discount!) and it was my main player until recently. Here's an (in)famous pic of me onstage with it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	2444941

Here's Jackson's current page on em: http://jacksonguitars.com/products/p...uct=2911300303
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have one from 2003 (I think), and that and my KV2 were my main players. Really sweet axe for the money IMO.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Sounds great!

I'm still wondering about Schaller OFR or Lo-Pro trem fitting the Jackson routing though, and about the stability of Jackson trems in general

Comment

I've a 2006, with trem, and I have no issues with it. Just as good as my OFR. The DD pups aren't too bad either IMHO.
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I hate the JT580LP trem, but you'll find just as many who like 'em.
            An OFR will fit the route in 90% of the cases, even though the route is slightly differently shaped.

Comment

I've had my KVX10 for about a year and a half now, and I have no complaints at all. I can't comment on pups since I dropped a Duncan Distortion in the bridge the day I got it, and I never use the neck pup, lol. The trem is pretty solid, I've had no trouble with it at all, though I don't really do anything too extreme with the trem, so if you're planning on doing Vai type stuff you may wanna swap it out. But overall it's probably the best $500 guitar I've ever played.

Comment

Hello all m8s. I know this is a long-dead thread but I've got here a KVX10 and I'm wondering when it's been produced.
                Is there a way for getting a date from its serial?
                Thanks all, best.

Comment

Originally posted by Distretti View Post
                  Hello all m8s. I know this is a long-dead thread but I've got here a KVX10 and I'm wondering when it's been produced.
                  Is there a way for getting a date from its serial?
                  Thanks all, best.
                  Post the serial date or send it to Ron (RacerX) and ask him nicely for help.

Comment

Serial is: 9686096 Thanks for the help

Comment

japan
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I'D SAY THAT IS 2003.

Welcome!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, you've made my day.
                          Actually I own an early '87 Charvel Model 6 and an '87 Charvel Model 1A too. I've got a Jackson SLSMG too here at home these days

Comment

Working...
                          X