JT580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580LP

Yes I know, this has been asked over and over again and I used the search-function excessively but still it's not clear to me.

I own a import dinky with a JT580LP licensed Floyd Rose and I wonder which Schaller or OFR will fit without further adjustments. I am not very aware of all the products available since I couldn't find a page on the net with a complete listing of models and specs. I know that they'll fit but I don't know which model to order with similar dimensions. Could it be that the JT580LP is made to be replaced by a certain tremolo? I would like some SPECIFIC information and maybe an info-page about these floyds.

Thanx in advance,
    Ize

Re: JT580LP

BTW, it is the latest type of the JT580LP from the Japanese MG series.

Comment

Warmoth has the measurements for both the OFR and the Schaller Floyd Rose.

Go here ----> Warmoth

Comment

The problem you'll have with this conversion may be just purely cosmetic. The current JT580LP has an angled baseplate whereas the schaller and OFR have squared plates. Since it is a low profile tremolo I'd suggest the Schaller, the string lock screws are shorter and you won't have to worry about them clearing the backroute...

Otherwise, they should drop right in...

[ June 27, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Steve (Severed Serenity) sent me a pic of the newer JT580LPs, and they're even a little smaller than the older ones!
          I've heard of a few people on this board swapping out the JT580LP for an Original Floyd with no problem.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Allright, thanx! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            My next concern is to get the measurements. Here in the Netherlands we use another metric system (what's it called?) and I am totally puzzled with this american system. So I could give it a shot and ask:

What are the right sizes of the JT580LP tremolo? Then I could give the OFR a chance... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Warmoth gives the dimensions for the floyd and the Schaller in millimeters. You need to be sure that the saddle screws in the back AND the block that the springs hook into will fit in your guitar. I just swapped a 590 for an OFR and the screws just BARELY stay inside the route when I got it intonated and I already had a short 1-1/4 block on hand just in case the 1-3/6 (34mm) didnt fit. I cant believe noone makes shorter saddle screws for OFRs as I've seen so many posts that would greatly benefit from someone making them. The Shaller screws are shorter but too fat to fit the OFR.
              Chris
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by Izegrim:
                Allright, thanx! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                My next concern is to get the measurements. Here in the Netherlands we use another metric system (what's it called?) and I am totally puzzled with this american system. So I could give it a shot and ask:

What are the right sizes of the JT580LP tremolo? Then I could give the OFR a chance... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">didn't you ask the same question on the dutch gitaarforum? (ibanez rulez over here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Ok I know that name sux but it is an old name). I want to warn you; an OFR will cost you over € 300 if you buy it in Holland, if you can find one.

Harrald

Comment

Sure I did, but I am not stupid! I'll order the damn thing in the U.S. and I'll let 'em send me a $0,00 receipt, so it'll cost me nothing more.

Comment

If they will do it.

Many people, (including me) will not falseify the documents. Because the shipper can get into big trouble for doing it if caught.

If you buy from a store, there's no way they will do that.

Comment

You might be able to get the shipper to write like 60.00$ on the reciept. That's not as suspicious(sp?).

Comment

Working...
                      X