Original Jackson RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Jackson RR

since the run of 200 was to be a special tribute to randy, it defeats the purpose to make more. there isn't a special deal that i know of, just a general principle. sure it also drives collectability of them, too.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was under the impression they didn't want "everybody and their mother" with the same V that Randy had, thereby lessening his image in the public eye, and degenerating his memory into a marketing tool.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I seem to recall in the old Jackson archives (Pre-Fender) that there were shots of the Rhoads PCS and LTD's with a caption that read something like "we'll still make you one through the custom shop if you ask nice".
        Also, in 1997 they did build four more LTD's for the NAMM show. I don't see why it can't be done again [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Integrity. Respect for Randy. Court order from Delores. Could be any number of legitimate reasons as to why you can't get another one made.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the 1997 NAMM guitars had RR serial #s and OFRs... there's the difference.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Seeing as how I still want to get a custom shop Rhoads with the LTD style body. I hope they would still make that design. Maybe if all you did was ask for a different finish or a graphic they might still make all the other features the same. Or maybe change some features like getting the toggle switch on the face of the lower wing (like current RR models). Maybe go with only two volume controls and no tone controls, etc. etc. These are just some suggestions. Good luck
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Sully, I know but those are minute differences. The guitar itself is the same. Oh yeah, there is one more difference the headstock on the 97 NAMM ones says "custom shop" on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well I know they must have made at least one after the 200. I just sold mine.

SOLD GUITARS

John

Comment

There are a number of LTD type guitars that were made at the custom shop afterwards...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

hey john,

like i said, sure they made more, but there are some subtle cosmetic differences. yours had a different (and cooler, imo) truss rod cover and the toggle switch had a brass tip on it. the 200 didn't.

the black one didn't look like a pcs, but i have no idea if they'll still make pcs guitars anymore.

anyway, yeah, you can probably get one like these, but it'll probably take some doing.

or not! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey Sully,

Could you look at it again and tell me why it does not look like a PCS.

Thanks for your time.

John

Comment

it's mainly the logo and sharkfin size...

the logo on the pcs (and randy's black one) are totally different from the gold script that was used on his white one, and way different from the "regular" jackson logo. your black one has a gold regular style logo.

i didn't look super close at the sharks on your black one, but it looks like yours are regular size. the pcs models have smaller inlays. check the gallery, there's a few pcs models in there.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

John's guitar certainly has the small sharkies. At leat they're smaller than those of today...

Comment

The logo on his black guitar looks right for a PCS, check out the tail on the 'n'...it has the small sharkfins too....doesn't have a PCS serial number...only other difference between it and mine are mine has anodized looking Gotoh tuners, not Jackson logoed ones, they are quite different, and a G&G case, though I have seen early PCS's with normal Rhoads cases....also mine has a brass RR truss cover, but early ones didn't have this and came with black....seems like a PCS like custom Rhoads...hence the RR serial...

Comment

Working...
                              X