No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys
    Just a post to say hi and introduce myself on here.
    Gues I`m old compared to most of you lot-I actually played,gigged and earned my living with a black cherry,Kahlered Model 5 back in the eighties!
    That axe was stolen out of my car boot in the early nineties and god I missed her!However I figured I was too mature for pointy headstocks and stuck to more traditional Fender,Gibson and Hamer fare since then.
    However I never forgot my Model 5-she was the best guitar I`ve ever owned and I`ve always wanted another.I`ve been on the lookout constantly but these axes don`t often show up in good,let alone playable,condition.Thank god for ebay though-found an electric blue one with a JT6
    within an hours drive,bid a lot of money on it and won it for more than I care to admit-especially after reading about the prices you guys have paid for your Model Series Charvels!
    Although the seller advertised the axe as being in great playable condition it wasn`t-you know the story!However once twenty years of grime,crud and god knows what had been cleaned off,the axe totally disassembled,serviced and put back together she plays,sounds and feels great.So great that I sold my last Hamer and bought myself a twin for her-a Soloist SL2H in black,which is another amazing guitar.All I need to find now is another black cherry Model 5 with a Kahler to make my life complete!
    So I`m fifty,got two eighties pointy headstock guitars with floyds and I don`t give a ...........(still got a Les Paul though-there are some things you just can`t give up)
    Anyway Hi to you all-this forum is a great place and and I`ve got to say I`ve learned so much about Charvels and Jacksons since coming on here.
    Rock on and play guitar you guys!

Welcome to the JCF!

While you have a few years on me, I think you'd be surprised at the average age here.
    We have quite a few members who vividly remember (and played) in the 80's.

I share your sentiments about the early import Charvels.
    My own favourite is a faded white Model 6 with an OFR.
    I actually prefer V-shapes overall, but I can't get rid of the Charvels. My M6 is my main player.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
      I`m glad other people actually remember the 80`s too-I had a blast throughout that period!
      My partner in crime in a band I played in in the nineties had the exact same guitar as you-he always got the biggest fattest and baddest tone out of that axe-man was I jealous!
      Anyways I`m falling in love with my new M5 all over again-flawless construction,great to play,endless fat sustain.....I could go on........................amd on......................and on!
      Nice to be here and I hope some other members will chime in with their 80`s memories too.

Comment

Welcome moretone! I think there are a lot of folks who are in their 40's and 50's on this site.

Comment

ahhh, the 80's

welcome moretone. I still have about a dozen various 80's model series in the house among the other Jackson stuff and will never forget how many gigs I played with them

I'm still using one as my main unit even for gigs currently. Lots of other brands out there, with lots of tonal and playability differences, but I still fall back on the old Jacksons because I am always confident it will feel the way I like, and sound the way I expect.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Welcome to the forum moretone. ^_^

I'm happy you found a new Charvel and also you got a Jackson to go with it, great pair ^_^ And sorry to hear about your back in the day Charvel some people are absolute assholes and have no respect for other peoples property so they just make it their own, twats like that need to be in jail.

But back to the point, welcome and I hope you enjoy your new guitars. ^_^
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

welcome...and the 80's was a good time for guitar playing
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Welcome...love the model series myself...and the 80s!

Comment

The 80's, I had Custom Shop quality chicks back then. These days there more Epiphone quality...............
                  Charvel CST 060 1992
                  Charvel CST 070 1992
                  Charvel CDS 090 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                  Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                  Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                  Duesenberg 49er 2012
                  Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                  Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                  History TH-LS Limited 2009
                  History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Oh yeah welcome Moretone..............
                    Charvel CST 060 1992
                    Charvel CST 070 1992
                    Charvel CDS 090 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                    Duesenberg 49er 2012
                    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                    History TH-LS Limited 2009
                    History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                      The 80's, I had Custom Shop quality chicks back then. These days there more Epiphone quality...............

Welcome, Moretone. Post pics when you get a chance.

Comment

Good to see another Brit on here, welcome aboard. What bands did you play in back in the 80's + 90's and what part of the UK are you in?
                        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Hi Guys
                          What a warm welcome-you lot put the Les Paul Forum to shame....you know what I`m sayin?
                          Hi Speiro.....there were a few-Flying Squad,Sneakers and one you may have heard of-Slack Alice.Check us out at www.slackalice.biz. Still with them although the gigs are in
                          frequent these days-lots of places closed down now with the state of the economy.smoking ban etc. But we all still love playing and rocking out don`t we!
                          As a side note I can`t believe how good an axe the Soloist is..........build quality,tone,playability puts some other household names right in the dirt............I can tell you for everything but tone it just slays my Les Paul!Fact is a guy my age looks better with a Lester rather than a Jackson.Or is that me being ageist?

Comment

Hey Speiro
                            Btw I`m located in the North West-Burnley in Lancs.Nice to make your aquaintance.

Comment

Jackson looks good in anyone's hands...welcome to the forum moretone (I enjoyed the 80's as well)
                              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X