No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey wetrx95
    This Jackson is so good I think it`s gonna become my number one.............over my beloved Les Paul!I can`t believe how I dismissed this brand over the years just because of the pointy headstock.Talk about prejudice.........................

Comment

Having said that I`m sat here jamming on the M5 and enjoying her so much I`m in two minds!The Charvel has a fatter neck,smaller frets and probably a fatter sound................but she doesn`t have the refinement of the Jackson......................but it`s all good!

Comment

Welcome moretone I'm an older fart than you(57) so there!
        I still gig with Charvels and Jacksons when I get the chance.Loud and proud pointy head player here.
        Give up J/C's Hell no.I have Gibsons and Fenders too so I can't knock an 80's L.P.love mine.
        The guys over at the L.P. forum can lick my nuts what a bunch of sissies!
        BTW I just found a 5A recently and its a great guitar.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi Stray,Nice to know I`m not the oldest guy around here!
          I was a little dubious about taking my M5 and Soloist out on gigs but sod it-if you guys can so can I.Let the people hear how good these axes really are and give the purist Gibson/Fender guys one in the eye(only joking-a good strat/lester is a thing of joy!).
          Once again thanks for the warmest of welcomes on here you guys.

Comment

Haha, long live the pointies!

Over the yars I've heard the jokes, but everyone who's played mine has loved them.

I can't speak for the LP forum - never been there - but the tele forum, tdpri? What a bunch of little girls!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!

Can't say I was out gigging in the 80's being born in 84

Post up some pics of the Model 5!
                Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
                http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Hey, uh, more!

I just picked up a used SL2H and yeah, I hear ya about the refinement...most of my collection are Japanese Jackson & Charvel pointy models. Speaking of the 80s, one of my old buddies from the 80s found a vid of me ripping it up on my USA Rhoads at a party circa 1988! Ha ha, my hair looks hilarious! This vid clip is on Facebook; I'll have to figure out how to cut my part out & post it somewhere.

Until then, here's a funny pic from 1990...me with my old Charvel 475:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ron475crop.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	2444962
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I just picked up a used SL2H and yeah, I hear ya about the refinement...most of my collection are Japanese Jackson & Charvel pointy models. Speaking of the 80s, one of my old buddies from the 80s found a vid of me ripping it up on my USA Rhoads at a party circa 1988! Ha ha, my hair looks hilarious! This vid clip is on Facebook; I'll have to figure out how to cut my part out & post it somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]976[/ATTACH]
                    Download it, then use a program like Windows Movie Maker to cut it into an empty movie. Voila.

On a related note, Welcome to the boards MoreTone. Good to see people joining (This board doesn't seem to die), each with their own interesting perspectives and values.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Hi All
                      Once again many many thanks for the great welcome you guys have given to this old rocker!
                      And your so right about thew SL2H RacerX-i`m firmly convinced it`s the ultimate evolution of everything thats best about this style of guitar.
                      Not sure how to post photos on here but you guys can hear my band and see photos of my new axes on our myspace site-www.myspace.com/cliffstockersslackalice
                      Rock On Guys!

Comment

Bit of a Joe Dirt thing happening in that pic RacerX.........................
                        Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                        History TH-LS Limited 2009
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Ron Racer"Joe Dirt"X I like that THOMO.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

More like "a bit of a 1990 RacerX thing happening in that Joe Dirt movie" (which was after 1990, duhhhh
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forum!!

Sorry to hear about your old Model 5. Whenever I read about something being stolen, I always feel sad. Nobody deserves that

I'm actually scared to leave my house sometimes. My favourite and most sentimental guitar is my Charvel Model 4, and I have it hanging on a wall, as well I have two windows that are covered, but still easy as hell to see it from. Whenever I leave my house, I put a note on the guitar, "Please don't steal. Thank you "

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]976[/ATTACH]
                                OH MY god :|

Comment

Working...
                                X