Doc Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Props

Don't know where to post this, so I figured this was as good enough a place as any.

A couple weeks ago, I purchased a 95 reissue San Dimas Standard off ebay. The seller was none other than our own Doc Dryer.

I purchased the guitar because (1) there ain't no way I'll ever be able to afford an original San Dimas, (2) the price was right, in my opinion, and (3) THE SELLER WAS DOC. Having read enough of his posts over the past 12 months, I learned to respect the man's wisdom and opinion. So when his ebay listing promised a "pristine" San Dimas reissue, I jumped.

Let me tell you guys: If you've never done business with Doc, you don't know what you're missing. I've never purchased anything -- from an individual or a retailer -- and received better service. Great emails, great packing, and the world's fastest shipping -- I paid on a Tuesday, and it arrived on Saturday. ( I wasn't there to receive it, but that's another story.) He even threw in a buncha extras that I didn't ask for, pay for, or even deserve. And most importantly, he was right about the guitar. Pristine. Gorgeous. (Looks just like Sully's in the gallery. ) And dang, what a player. If a reissue San Dimas feels this good, I shudder to think about the originals.

Anyway, that's my story. If any of you ever have an opportunity to buy from/do business with Doc, DO IT. You will never have a more positive experience.

Thanks, Doc. You rock harder than Foghat.

Re: Doc Props

Doc is actually a very very well respected member of this board and he won't steer you wrong. He grades guitars hard too, so for him to say mint or 9 of 10 you know it's pristine.

As far as settling on a SD reissue vs an original ..lemme say ..While the original serias has a certain "mojo" about it don't discount those reissues as something less.. they are really good guitars in their own right and are destined to be collectable
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
    X