Bound necks vs Unbound necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bound necks vs Unbound necks

Is it just me or does anyone else feel bound necks are just a hair wider than unbound necks of the same model?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Some of them are, at least some of mine are. I've even measured them.

Comment

well there you have it. science in action. he measured them.

truly, I dont really know. I feel a difference, but I dont have 2 identical necks one with, and one without. so I cannot say.

I have nothing to add here.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I think that the unbound are a little rounder so they feel smaller. I think they even put a smaller spaced nut on the unbound r4 for bound and r3 for unbound(or something like that)

Comment

I have a bound Soloist with an R3 nut and an unbound Carvin with an R3 nut, and the Jackson neck is about 2mm wider at the nut shelf but I'm sure that is more the difference of the guitars as opposed to just binding. There is about 1mm on either side of the Jackson nut but the Carvin is completely flush.

Comment

best post, love it

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            well there you have it. science in action. he measured them.

truly, I dont really know. I feel a difference, but I dont have 2 identical necks one with, and one without. so I cannot say.

I have nothing to add here.

Comment

Working...
            X