Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Down Under

Hi there fellow JCF'ers!

My name is Dallas and im from australia. I'm 30 years old and just thought i'd introduce myself and of course show off my axe.

I'm an IT Consultant by trade for the biggest computer hardware company in the world. I have 2 kids and a wife and love all things music. I love Def Leppard and have been playing/watching/listening to them since i was 12. My dream axe is the Jackson PC1, its tone is amazing and it's harmonics and feedback are second to none (in my opinion).

I own a jackson, what i think is a 1994 JDR in the purple colour, with shark fin inlets, custom type tone and volume knobs. I dont know what type of pick ups they are or if they are the ones that even came with it at the time, but i love the color. I would love to replace the neck pickup with a humbucker sustainiac, but i am not up to speed on what i have or if even compatible. If anyone can help identify its true configuration that would be awesome.

So thats me and I hope to be posting more in these forums as a jackson owner and meeting alot of you and getting to know you all.

So for now, put another shrimp on the barbie! hehehe

Click image for larger version

Name:	g1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	2449623

Name:	g2.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2449624Click image for larger version

Name:	g4.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	2449625

Name:	g5.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2449626 Click image for larger version

Name:	g6.jpg
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2449627
    Last edited by hyperdallas; 08-13-2010, 07:32 PM.
    The bloke from down under

'Ello Dallas!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Beautiful guitar bro and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by hyperdallas View Post
        So for now, put another shrimp on the barbie! hehehe
        Welcome! I guess you had to tell us to "put another shrimp on the barbie,"--lol.

There's no such thing as a Sustainiac humbucker. The ones you may have seen have a plastic "dummy" single coil mounted next to the Sustainiac driver/single coil pup on a humbucker frame. The magnetic field from a real single coil would interfere with the Sustainiac. You can read about it here: http://www.sustainiac.com/install.htm

I like that trans purple, too.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I have always been a fan of Jackson cause they look mean and play awesome.. I had a choice of the purple one and a flat blue, the purple one got the nod!

Your right Truss, thanks for pointing that out.

As you can imagine, importing a Jackson PC-1 from the states is quite pricey. The cost of the guitar in AUD$$ (convert from USD) + shipping over the pond + insurance + inportation tax = over $4,500 USD! I have looked at a poor mans PC-1 in the DK2S but Jackson/Fender Australia have none in stock and all the retailers in australia i have called tell me the same thing - they have none in stock, jackson/fender australia have none but they can order one from the US and the current wait is about a year

Is it an injustice in installing a sustaiac into a rig this old ??

Comment

Originally posted by hyperdallas View Post
            The cost of the guitar in AUD$$ (convert from USD) + shipping over the pond + insurance + inportation tax = over $4,500 USD!

Is it an injustice in installing a sustaiac into a rig this old ??
            Yikes! $4,500 for a PC1--maybe a JCF'er can hook you up! There are sponsoring dealers on this site as well as the occasional private seller. I picked up a used DK2S for a little under $250 recently and I must admit that I've had a great time using the sustainer. In case you were wondering the sustainer creates a great strat tone in the neck pos when set as a pup. It can be complicated and expensive to install a sustainer so read up on it using the link I gave you. You'll have a lot of options and I think the best is to include the separate gain knob and the two toggle switches like the DK2S has. Great mod, but it has too many limitations so I'm looking into other effects at the moment.

Comment

G'Day!

I've seen maybe one DK2S in the shops here, but I can't remember where. You'd be best off buying from the states for the PC1. I bought my new jackson this year from the usa, no dramas at all! Cheers, have fun here.

Comment

Hey, welcome aboard, and nice Jackson!

Those are the stock pickups put in the guitar from when it was new. I haven't tried those models specifically, so I can't say how awesome they are, (well they're Jackson labeled, so of course they are )

Also Truss, regarding a single coil Sustainiac, instead of putting it in the neck position, (I like my neck pickup), could you put it in the middle pickup routing, and use that? Judging that the guitar is HSH.

Comment

hey bibz! good to see a fellow aussie in here

If retailers could get any, they all priced around the $1,400 mark.

I don't mind the Jackson I have but a PC1 would be better :P

Comment

Welcome!! Nice guitar. Although I'm sure it's not a JDR-94. They have "Concept" on the headstock, offset dot inlays, and a JT500 bridge. Your bridge is a JT580LP. It looks like a PS4 with a DR3 neck. I don't know.. someone smarter than me will... Anyway, stick around and enjoy yourself...
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Hey! Nice axe, I'm with warlok about the neck (or it could be Japan market only?), but I had a PS4, regretted selling it, miss it, etc. Mine had a trans blue maple top. Anywho, welcome!
                      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Mite be japan market only my Model 4 was a mix of years.............

PC1 I will get on but it won't cost $4000 pm if you need more info................
                        Charvel CST 060 1992
                        Charvel CST 070 1992
                        Charvel CDS 090 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                        Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                        Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                        Duesenberg 49er 2012
                        Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                        Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                        History TH-LS Limited 2009
                        History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                          Also Truss, regarding a single coil Sustainiac, instead of putting it in the neck position, (I like my neck pickup), could you put it in the middle pickup routing, and use that? Judging that the guitar is HSH.
                          No, the Sustainiac has to go in either the neck pos or the bridge pos. When turned on the Sustainiac vibrates the strings and the farthest pup from it becomes a sort of microphone. If the sustainer and pup acting as a microphone are too close together you'll get high-pitched feedback. When turned off the Sustainiac is a functioning pickup and produces a great strat sound in the neck pos.

Comment

PS-4's are red or blue.but I don't know about japan only guitar?JDR's are solid colors?
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                              No, the Sustainiac has to go in either the neck pos or the bridge pos. When turned on the Sustainiac vibrates the strings and the farthest pup from it becomes a sort of microphone. If the sustainer and pup acting as a microphone are too close together you'll get high-pitched feedback. When turned off the Sustainiac is a functioning pickup and produces a great strat sound in the neck pos.
                              Bleh, oh well, thank you for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X