Robin Crosby Body Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Crosby Body Graphic

I was wondering if anyone knew how much gmw would charge to get do a graphic on a firebird style body?

All White with the black dragon on it you know the one im talking about. If anyone has pics of one could you please post them!!

Ohh and i looked for it on there price list i just dont knwo what its called.

Re: Robin Crosby Body Graphic

Dan Lawrence at GMW would be the one to do that .. It may be listed on their site ..it'll give you an idea
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks

Do you buy any chance know what that graphic is called?

Comment

They actually have the exact body and graphic for sale in tha classifieds if only i had 600$ to spend on just a body though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

aww well

Comment

They actually have the exact body and graphic for sale in tha classifieds if only i had 600$ to spend on just a body though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

aww well

Comment

That is the monotone Chinese Dragon graphic. Nope, not for sale anymore. Someone did buy that body and added a Jackson USA neck then sold it on eBay for a grand. I was tempted myself, but it was bolt on and a mutt. That was an original Jackson Firebird body but GMW refinished it. To get that graphic you'd have to pay $200 for paint and setup/stripping then the graphic which is about $500. They don't seem to list that monotone in their pricing, but graphic #146 is a white Chinese Dragon with black highlights and a red background. It's $600.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

joe, that could be another one, as i remember when the first firebird body was up about a year and a half ago.

thing is tho, and i'm not sure if it matters to anyone, but that's an import FB2 body... you can tell by the smaller lower horn. personally, i almost prefer that style, but that's just me.

sully

[ July 01, 2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You may be right, Sully. But when that whole guitar went up on eBay I asked the seller the details of it. He said he had purchased the body only from GMW and mated his Jackson USA neck to it. So it's an import body like you said. And for $600 that's a really fair price because the graphic alone is about that! Which would be consistent with my price quote above.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                X