Ma Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma Fender

I was just checking out the GDP (Gretsch Discussion Page) And it looks like Fender is really doing things right for Gretsch. Better distribution, support (Something Gretsch has lacked) quality, and it really seems that they are listening to what the players want.

So any rumblings in the Jackson/Charvel world?

Any comments from the Fender/Jackson guys lurking out there?

Re: Ma Fender

Fender is going to have to make it work as they don't actually own Gretsch. The Gretsch family has just given Fender the license to manufacture, design, and distribute Gretsch products. If they are not happy with how Fender is running things, within the guidelines of their contract, they can strip Fender of the license and go to another company or strike out on their own.

Comment

Well not all Gretsch products... somebody else is doing the drums.

But there are similarities between Jackson and Gretsch, both being "nitch" guitars. I'd think that how well they market one could reflect on how they market the other.

Comment

True, they are only licensed to build Gretsch guitars. Fender has been very smart in what they have been buying. Guild was a smart buy as they were able to manufacture products competeing with Gibson (as Guild has established itself as an alternative to Gibson decades ago), Gretsch has its nitch, and face it, Fender has marketed many, many guitars inspired by (and made to compete with) Jackson that were never truely successful.

I don't fully get the SWR buy though. Maybe it was because they closed up Sunn and wanted to continue to have an alternate bass amp brand.

[ July 02, 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Well, the two negative things we've seen since Fender's takeover has been A) the rapid loss of big name endorsers and B) the disappearance of the Mother-of-all-info page. =P

On the other hand, the pricedrop of Jackson guitars in Europe (due to the better distribution network) is a very welcome change, plus the Fender guys seem to be listening to what the J/C freaks in here wish to see. It looks like we're finally going to get a 24-fret Rhoads. =)

'bane

Comment

fender has done/is working on:

- updated the custom shop
            - brought mike shannon back to the custom shop
            - working on the wait time for custom shop orders
            - increased the us jackson availability to dealers

the moaip is of zero importance on the grand scale of things, and rightfully so.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, didn't you or one of the admin's say that you guys were going to have/make a new moaip?

Comment

Nice Avatar

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ July 02, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: OnlineStageGear ]

Comment

If you look in the corner it's from the learning channel... Now I just want to know what show. And yes I did somehow get my eyes to focus on the corner... No idea how that happened. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- updated the custom shop
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Must of missed that one. Whats the poop?

Comment

hey john,

they purchased new equipment for the shop... always a nice thing.

the moaip is something that's on our list of things to accomplish. i can't say it's on the short list, tho.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                      Nice Avatar

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking the same thing. I gave Hotrodder 5 stars because he has the best avatar I have seen around here. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

after talking fairly extensively with McD, i've definitely got the impression that fender wants for jackson to be successful...a lot of changes are being implemented and most, if not all, look to be for the betterment of the company and guitars we all hold so dearly (see sully's post above)...summer namm should prove to be very enlightening...plus it doesn't hurt that they want to take on ibanez and esp head-to-head (website is "edgier-looking", original sin ad)...as far as endorsers...on that front, we'll have to wait and see...so far i have been pleased with the steps fender has taken to try and get jackson back in the public eye...losing mustaine and possibly ian may be a blow, but others will rise to take those places...just hang on and hope for the best, they are trying...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

niche
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL @ Ron. I was going to write that! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Can I join you click? I mean, clique. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Your.

Ron, can I be your "Robin?" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                              X