Ma Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ma Fender

Holy Sidekick Application Process, Batman!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice Avatar

I was gonna say that as soon as I saw his avatar, but didn't wanna be the pervert of the JCF, lol.

Comment

Marketing has also improved drastically under Fender's wing. When did we see an ad for Jackson in Guitar World or Guitar One under Akai? (I know someone's gonna prove me wrong, so go ahead, [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , but it has gotten better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] )

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801:
          Marketing has also improved drastically under Fender's wing. When did we see an ad for Jackson in Guitar World or Guitar One under Akai? (I know someone's gonna prove me wrong, so go ahead, [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , but it has gotten better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] )
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i know i saw an ad for jacksons [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

one with a big logo in the middle and guitars round the edge, including the f1 car one and 2 superhero rhoads

David

Comment

One of the things I was upset about Fender doing is the limits they put on what you can order from the custom shop. I really wanted a Jackson explorer. I will see if the Japan loophole works maybe I will get lucky.

Comment

As far as I know, it wasn't fender that stopped the Explorer. And I think you can still order it, it's just that they can't write 'Explorer' on the site, I think.

Correct me, as I am usually wrong [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .
              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
                As far as I know, it wasn't fender that stopped the Explorer. And I think you can still order it, it's just that they can't write 'Explorer' on the site, I think.

Correct me, as I am usually wrong [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought Kevin Easton said last year that Jackson could do the Explorer again because they found some kind of loophole that would make it different. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Maybe Fender just wants to stay away from other Gibson designs altogether? Though, I don't see why they couldn't do something in the Custom Shop if the customer wants to pay for it. It's not like it would be a production series.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, of course there there are two sides to the story, but it sure does look like Fender is and will be doing a better job of promoting and improving Jackson, much more than they could ever hurt it.

Everyone see why Mustiane dropped off the Endorser list? Cause he's pissed he didn't get to buy Jackson.

I sure am glad Dave didn't get to buy it. His whiney who gives a fukk attitude would have been bad for the business, and the only USA model you'd have been able to by would be his model. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's just not true Xeno.......Dave is quite business savy, and if you REALLY read the interview you would've figured out that he wasn't buying it alone. My guess is that the "person" who wanted him to buy it was gonna be a partner.....who that person is, well your guess is as good as mine. I don't wanna speculate, but have a pretty good idea.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Then again, "the other guy" coulda been Donnie Wade - and wouldn't that be a bad thing? Hell, I'd sell or burn my Jacksons if that jerk was the owner.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If Fender want to stop "gibson designs" available for custom shop Jackson, they should keep an eye on the squier web site at the following address http://www.squierguitars.com/gear/ge...?node_id=2250, and they will see that they are producing Gibson ripoffs guitar series.

Listen to me Mr. Fender, DO NOT EVER THINK TO TOUCH TO JACKSON CUSTOM SHOP, OR I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .

I already said that there was a good improvement in the availability of the Jacksons right here in Europe, but one thing that I think pretty sh*tty is the fact that Fender is releasing showmasters. Why did they buy the world's finest hard rock / metal guitar brand and make the "same" kind of gear by themselves : I call that autocanibalism! Even if their showmasters don't even deserved to be compared to a soloist, there will always be people who will prefer to buy Fender than a Jackson because of the brand, and not because of the quality of the guitar. And why did they put skulls on their Squier.

Listen to me once again Mr. Fender, THE ONLY SKULLS GUITARS ARE THE JACKSON PILE O SKULLS [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .

Except for that, Fender guys are pretty cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , no?
                        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY:
                          Listen to me Mr. Fender, DO NOT EVER THINK TO TOUCH TO JACKSON CUSTOM SHOP, OR I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SO you want Fender to take Mike Shannon back? and the new equipment?

Originally posted by SLY:

I already said that there was a good improvement in the availability of the Jacksons right here in Europe, but one thing that I think pretty sh*tty is the fact that Fender is releasing showmasters. Why did they buy the world's finest hard rock / metal guitar brand and make the "same" kind of gear by themselves : I call that autocanibalism!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That stuff was already in the pipeline before Fender bought Jackson.

Comment

Hey hotrodder,

Eveything concerning the custom shop was a joke [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ! It's sure that I should have said DO NOT TOUCH TO (CUSTOM SHOP) GUITARS instead. Sorry! It's my fault, apologize, bla bla bla!

Concerning the showmasters, it was released a long time ago in Squier version, but I thought that it's a new stuff from 2003 for the Fender catalog.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the happiest jackson fan since Fender bought Jackson, because everything is now better. Better distribution, Retailed prices decreased by almost 25% and the owner of my guitar shop told me that the Fender guys are the most serious in the business [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] .

Don't take my previous post too seriously, it was full of irony. Difficult to be ironic in a language that is not your mother tongue! I'll be more serious the next time [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .
                            What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Alittle while back there was a thread about something, and I asked McD about the Explorer shape and he said no more, something about they don`t want to even walk that fine line of sorts, so maybe Gibson said something, maybe Jackson just doesn`t want to be challenged by Gibson, I really don`t know, but I would love to order a Custom Shop Jackson Explorer with 1 Humbucker and a Floyd [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

How can Jackson be challenged by Gibson for making a one-off guitar for someone in the Custom Shop? It's not like Gibson will or could come in to inspect what's going on. If it's not a production line guitar, then what the hell is the big deal? Hamer still makes the Standard which is their Explorer. Hell, you can get Hamer to make you custom Explorers and Firebirds and just about anything else... too bad they don't do neck-thrus or 24 frets. The Jackson custom shop kicks ass and should still continue to do so to make someone's dream guitar come true, no matter what freakin' body shape it has.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X