I can't identify these two Jackson and Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't identify these two Jackson and Charvel

Can somebody help me the identify these guitars ?

Jackson

Charvel

the jackson is a JX10. i had one a long time ago. it was decent for the 150 i paid for it new.

the charvel? beats me.
    Last edited by markD; 08-27-2010, 06:47 AM.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That Charvel looks like a fake to me. Wrong headstock, wrong inlays, wrong truss rod cover, wrong body, hell, even the logo looks wrong!

I may be wrong, (likely ) but that's just what I see.

Comment

The Charvel looks like a fake to me. Too many details about it are different from any Charvel, like the control cavity shape, headstock shape, rounded fretboard end, weird inlays, plus it almost looks more like a "t" than an "L" at the end of the logo. They made some oddball Japan-only models, but that one looks too strange to me. Here's the translated auction page w/ more pics if others want to have a look:

Comment

Yeah, but the trussrod cover looks legit
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There were some weird overseas Charvels that had headstocks similar to that (though, they were more like an Ibanez). That one just screams fake to me.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love the Pontiac inlays!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                There were some weird overseas Charvels that had headstocks similar to that (though, they were more like an Ibanez). That one just screams fake to me.
                Really? It looks too short/stubby to me.

"That's what she said, hurr hurr hurr!"

Comment

looks like someone re-badged a Heartfield and in the middle of painting the Charvette logo, they realized that Charvel was the better of the two.

OK, I just looked at a Heartfield headstock for the first time in years... it's not a Heartfield... But it's not a Charvel either.
                  Last edited by Tekky; 08-27-2010, 11:19 AM.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

looks like an Ibby to me? It matches ever detail of one anyways?
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The headstock and inlays on the fake charvel thingy look very Dean or Samick like to me. The body/AANJ look Ibanez. I'd be tempted to pull the neck and see how many bolt holes are poked in it. My guess is more than 4.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm with the Batman, I'm thinking a Samick.

Comment

It looks like the Squire HM strat. They had a neck thru and a bolt on with that incidious headstock and inlay. I REALLY think it is.
                          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I'm thinking carlson(also seem similar guitars under the samash name brownsville)

Comment

Well the Jackson is cheap, old & UGLY! (Made in India)

and that other thing is a fake, ha ha!

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                              Really? It looks too short/stubby to me.

"That's what she said, hurr hurr hurr!"
                              :ROTF:
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X