What do I have???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have???

I Have a jackson that bought at yard sale (or should I say stole) for $20.00 and Im having trouble figuring out what model it is. Can anyone tell me how to go about finding out. I have pictures and here's some spec's.
    Jackson 6 string/holagram lettering on headstock/made in USA on headstock/bolt-on maple neck bound/serial #oo3034 on neck plate/22 fret/shark inlays/floyd rose 2 point lock/ 2 seymore duncans 2-single 1-humbucker/photo flame black grey finish/missing truss rod cover. Can anyone put me in the right direction. Thank You!!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: What do I have???

Hi I hate you [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

What you have there is a 87-89 Jackson Strat [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

That's no photo flame.. you got the real thing [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Oh by law you must post a pic

[ July 03, 2003, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Well I done screwed up..

it's a 1996 http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...l_numbers.html

Comment

There must be a message board rule that states that you are not allowed to post $20.00 USA Jackson yard sale guitars without written permission from an admin. Oh yea.. one more thing. You obviously know what you have by your very detailed description of the guitar. You included all the important info and you were smart enough to post it on this board so it is is clear that you are "pounding salt" if you know what I mean!! Congratz and ......I hate you too.
        Post pics or else!!
        [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ July 03, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: jgcable ]

Comment

This is what really happened. A woman (Mother or girlfriend) was having a "yard sale". At some point during the day she had to use the bathroom, and told her (son or boyfriend) to watch the sale while she went. When she came back he was so happy to get back to the (golf channel or FOX ect.....) that he ran from the yard leaving his guitar on the card table. Then some children were playing mix up the price tags and put $20 on the guitar. When you saw the guitar and wanted it, the (mother) thought, good maybe "Timmy" will forget about the guitar playing and go to school. The (girlfriend) thought, maybe "Tim" will take me out to Red Lobster. Of course When "Timmy" realized what happened, he killed the (mother/girlfriend) with the $3 shovel [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now don't you feel terrible?

Comment

If your interested in making a 100% profit on the guitar, let me know. It would be a good thing.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] USING THE FORCE...... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] "You do not want the guitar..sell it to me for $40....." [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good score! Here in Minnesota, That's called stealing, and would be right up there with church burning or child abuse! I think you should drive back to the "yard sale" and make those peaple take another $5 for the guitar. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

You didn't read his entire post. After he got home with his $20.00 "I don't know what I have" guitar the people who were having the yard sale called him and demanded that he return immediately. You see he forgot to take the Mesa Mark IIc that was part of the deal. When he got there to pick up the amp they were so sorry that they forgot to include it that they threw in a "no name" 1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom. They figured it must not be worth much because it was originally alpine white and it really had yellowed over the years so they threw in a can of white krylon in case he wanted to restore it. That post is on the Gibby board. The title to the post is "What do I have and is this the correct paint?" I will have to check the Mesa board next.. just kiddin... I despise yard sale stories unless they are mine!! Is there a jealousy Instant Graemlin because I need one.

Comment

you lucky ****'in bastard [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                congrats on the buy of the year.
                1990 Jackson Professional
                1992 Dean ML
                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                2005 Epiphone Dot
                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                2006 Fender P Bass
                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                Custom Pedalboard
                ADA MP1
                ADA FX2
                Tascam 2488

Comment

IF, and I repeat IF, this story is true,
                  I'd say the mom/grandma/gf who sold it for $20 would have it coming if the true
                  owner beat her to death with a baseball bat. In fact I'd be very nervous if I saw anyone with a baseball bat around me while I was holding the guitar!

Let's see the pics anyway!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

<----- Looking through yard sale ads right now....

Comment

I have a friend who picked up a San Dimas Charvel for $20 at a pawn shop's going out of business sale. Anyone know why my skin takes on a greenish hue in his presence?

Comment

Stupid me!!! I should have read the post more carefully. No wonder he paid $20.00 for it. It is missing the truss rod cover. I should have known there was a valid reason for the crazy cheap price. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X